How would you like to be in such a lousy league | Syracusefan.com

How would you like to be in such a lousy league

The AAC is a nice conference. 30% of their teams finished with a higher RPI than SU, which at 84 was good enough for the middle of the ACC.

They had two good teams this year, one of which flamed out early in the tourney, the conference blows.

The AAC is a nice conference. 30% of their teams finished with a higher RPI than SU, which at 84 was good enough for the middle of the ACC.
Yeah, the networks care begging for more from the.

The top of the American is good, not really elite.

The bottom is atrocious.

They had two good teams this year, one of which flamed out early in the tourney, the conference blows.

Still, SMU and Cincinnati had very good seasons and can hang with most big boys anywhere. Top of that league is good. ACC had plenty of flameouts in March.

wish Cincy to the ACC would make more sense.

The Missouri Valley wouldn't allow Wichita State a chance at an at-large bid.
Atleast with games against SMU/Cincy/Memphis/UConn they can get an at-large if they don't win the conference.
The American gets no respect seed wise from the committee though.

I get the AAC team bashing, but where we are right now as a program I don't know if we have a leg to stand on. At least if we were in the aac we wouldn't have been a bubble team the past 3 years.

The ACC got 9 teams into the tourney this year. But for Roy, the conference blows up. Eight of them flamed out by the 2nd round.

Last edited:

I went to a couple of road SU games @ Cincinnati since it isn't too far from Cleveland here. Those were fun.

They make plenty of sense. There just is no spot for them as of now. It makes so much sense for the B1G, SEC, ACC to push for three divisions of 5 which would produce a 3 team conference tournament. So the B1G would need to try and steal KU or Mizzou. If not then they likely oppose, unless they settle on UConn. The SEC would need to steal OU or VA Tech. If not then they likely oppose, unless they settle on stealing WV. The ACC would need to steal WV or settle on one of Cincy, UConn, Temple. I don't want to see it but the ACC could pull an AAC and go for Navy/GTown (or Nova) hybrid. That would add MD (and/or Philly) back to the footprint and could help entice ND one day in FB. It would also give SU meaningful games again against GTown (or Nova). Although Nova doesn't make much sense as a hybrid as they might one day want in for FB. I really wish they had joined FBS and the AAC when the Big East split. They would be #1 by far for the ACC's next target. This could be their 5th year in FBS.

The Missouri Valley wouldn't allow Wichita State a chance at an at-large bid.
Atleast with games against SMU/Cincy/Memphis/UConn they can get an at-large if they don't win the conference.
The American gets no respect seed wise from the committee though.

We will never know if they would have got a bid had they lost t Ill st, I think they might have, bot obviously this gives them a better shot at getting one if they are on the bubble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom