• Disappointed

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • I'm Okay

Votes: 99 80.5%
  • Happy it's over

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
No baseball?

I’d recommend it. It’s a leisurely sport that’s excellent for giving our perspective

(or, in the case of baseball, individual games are not that vital)

I'm a big fan and because individual games are not vital, I enjoy it very much after 6 months of each game being so meaningful.

You might enjoy my history of the sport:
Search Results for Query: Runs and Bases | Syracusefan.com

What about Lacrosse? You don't follow Field Hockey? We are really good at Field Hockey.

The final four used to be an annual event for SU and I'd get excited about that every Memorial Day weekend. Then i'd go for a walk and enjoy the warm, relaxing weather and calm down again. .

(or, in the case of baseball, individual games are not that vital)

I'm a big fan and because individual games are not vital, I enjoy it very much after 6 months of each game being so meaningful.

You might enjoy my history of the sport:
Search Results for Query: Runs and Bases | Syracusefan.com

Yup. A team can lose 60 to 72 games and still win their Division.

Baseball is a slightly faster than a chess match but similar in that strategies and percentages have huge importance both in the individual games, stretches of games and seasons.

I can see from the referred strings, that you get that.

Is it October yet?

Just a recommendation - Cut back on the Red Bull and espresso shots.

Go to a baseball game early, watch batting practice, turn your phone off, keep score, and enjoy the day.

Or don’t. Your call, but life is short.

Make sure you get a seat where you can look into the Nats dugout in case there are any fistfights or teammate choking incidents.

Ha, my son played little league with Pap’s kid. Nats have a pretty likeable bunch in there

Just a recommendation - Cut back on the Red Bull and espresso shots.

Go to a baseball game early, watch batting practice, turn your phone off, keep score, and enjoy the day.

Or don’t. Your call, but life is short.

This is odd. I find myself strangely agreeing with Townie72! Our views towards baseball are strikingly similar. I love keeping score and have a scorebook that I take to the one-two Met games a year that I go to.

Watching this elite 8 game right now, is making me even more disappointed we didn't advance. That Final four was right there... so close... *sigh*.

This is odd. I find myself strangely agreeing with Townie72! Our views towards baseball are strikingly similar. I love keeping score and have a scorebook that I take to the one-two Met games a year that I go to.

I have a library of picture books on the history of baseball and love to bring one to the game, look at it between innings and then watch current baseball add a small page to that history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom