Howard The Last Two Games | Syracusefan.com

Howard The Last Two Games

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Since my other thread was deleted. I guess I’ll just stick to the numbers. They’re bad enough so I guess extra opinion isn’t needed.

6-27 from the field. 0.75 assist/TO ratio. 17 points.

Not good.

Since my other thread was deleted. I guess I’ll just stick to the numbers. They’re bad enough so I guess extra opinion isn’t needed.

6-27 from the field. 0.75 assist/TO ratio. 17 points.

Not good.

Your '18-'19 pg. A converted mid major SF.

Last edited:
Howard is what he is. Does a couple good and mixes in terribleness. He is scoop but scoop was more loveable.

To me his biggest issue are turnovers. I can live with the poor shooting %s, every guy goes through slumps. But you can’t expect to keep committing unforced errors and expect to win on the road.

I wish they would work with him a bit on some of how he handles the ball - for example, he almost comes to a dead stop when he goes behind his back (or at least it's the most deliberate behind the back move a PG could ever imagine doing). That's not particularly fantastic thing to do when you're being guarded by quicker players...

Half his turnovers are because he's trying to make a play with a player who might as well be a pylon.

Also, the refs let Alvarado slap, grab and push him all game.

Is he careless at times, yes. Does he deserve a thread after any game... IMO, no. He's the only player out there trying to do anything for anyone else.

Half his turnovers are because he's trying to make a play with a player who might as well be a pylon.

Is he careless at times, yes. Does he deserve a thread after any game... IMO, no. He's the only player out there trying to do anything for anyone else.

I found it sort of amusing that Alvarado slapped at Brissett's arms for like 8 seconds after the one rebound, and never got called for it. I think Howard (maybe Battle) got called for a tie up earlier where he actually may have gotten all ball. I would have picked up a tech after watching that too. Stupid scrappy players can get away with anything.

Mental mistakes. He makes to many unforced errors like falling to the ground while dribbling

Except his mental mistakes have nothing to do with his 'ring around the rosie...he fall down go boom antics.' ;):)

He's also the only player who ran his mouth and got T'd up, hurting his team's chances of pulling out this dreadful game. GT made 3 of 4 FT's

I’m a bit concerned that Howard is going to be the PG next year. That’s unfortunate.
My hope is being surrounded by more talent (Bazley, Carey, Hughes) and another year of development from some younger guys (Sidibe, Brissett, Marek) will make Frank's job way easier. Frank is being forced to do everything while the only other scoring option is being face guarded

My hope is being surrounded by more talent (Bazley, Carey, Hughes) and another year of development from some younger guys (Sidibe, Brissett, Marek) will make Frank's job way easier. Frank is being forced to do everything while the only other scoring option is being face guarded

I agree. That’s our only hope. But I’m still concerned that Howard won’t be able to get the ball to people in the right places.

He’s simply not a PG.

Neither is Carey. But it won’t surprise me if Carey surpasses Howard at some point next year at PG.

Howard has the worst handle of an SU point guard in over fifteen years. Gerry wasn’t the best at dealing with ball pressure but he looked like Jason Kidd compared to Howard.

Howard has the worst handle of an SU point guard in over fifteen years. Gerry wasn’t the best at dealing with ball pressure but he looked like Jason Kidd compared to Howard.

I can't blame Howard for that entirely. Our offense seems designed to shut down lanes to the hoop with an intricate series of moves designed to have people standing in strategic spots blocking all lanes to everywhere.

Two dribbles, oooooops, someone on my own team in the way. Reset the offense. We defend ourselves almost as well as we defend the other team.

j/k it does happen a lot though...lots of standing around.

I can't blame Howard for that entirely. Our offense seems designed to shut down lanes to the hoop with an intricate series of moves designed to have people standing in strategic spots blocking all lanes to everywhere.

Two dribbles, oooooops, someone on my own team in the way. Reset the offense. We defend ourselves almost as well as we defend the other team.

j/k it does happen a lot though...lots of standing around.
I swear Brissett and Chukwu/Sidibe have magnets that attract them to the same exact place on the court in our offensive sets whenever Oshae isn't on the perimeter. Never mind whatever shenanigans Marek/Moyer are up to.

He's a SG forced to play PG on a team with nobody to pass to. On a good team, he'd be no better than average. We all get that but he is not the main problem this team has. Put Pearl on this team and we still suck.

Tyus was terrible today. Worse than Frank. We got zero production from anyone else. OB disappeared. Centers can't score literally 3 feet from the rim. Moyer has one leg. Marek is a toothpick without a jumpshot. Howard is the scapegoat. He's a factor in the team's struggles, he's not the cause.

as bad as Howard is, not sure what you expect him to do when our offense is 'must drive the ball" to score.

Marking this thread and will gladly dish out the crow in due time.

I swear Brissett and Chukwu/Sidibe have magnets that attract them to the same exact place on the court in our offensive sets whenever Oshae isn't on the perimeter. Never mind whatever shenanigans Marek/Moyer are up to.

This made me laugh. It does happen a ton. I really have no idea what we're up to 50% of our sets. Like none. Sometime I just watch and wonder what I would do if I was Battle or Howard. I'm not sure. It's just a bunch of dudes standing around, and sometimes one of them will be mindlessly jogging in a circle. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom