Howard The Last Two Games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Howard The Last Two Games

He is what he is. While we can opine about his turnovers, decision making, shooting, etc, I can't fault him too much. He's not a PG. He's not a player that should play 38-40 mpg at this level. He's doing the best he can, but just doesn't have the ability/skill to play the role he's being asked to play. That's not his fault. That's on the staff being unable and possibly unwilling to bring in higher level guards. Frank's ability is probably closer to a mid-major level, but since he's 6'5", he's at SU.

You’re talking about someone who was recruited by Maryland, Virginia and Georgetown. He’s definitely better than mid major and has outplayed guards on BC/VPI/Maryland/Georgetown this year. He’s probably a two guard IMO, but he plays the point here.

If Howard is mid major what is Battle? He’s not playing much better in most games.

You’re talking about someone who was recruited by Maryland, Virginia and Georgetown. He’s definitely better than mid major and has outplayed guards on BC/VPI/Maryland/Georgetown this year. He’s probably a two guard IMO, but he plays the point here.

If Howard is mid major what is Battle? He’s not playing much better in most games.
Frank's skills are mid-major level. He has a weak dribble, poor decision making and an ok shot. He doesn't have great athleticism either. He's 6'5", which is why he's at this level. Was he recruited as a PG at those schools?

Frank's skills are mid-major level. He has a weak dribble, poor decision making and an ok shot. He doesn't have great athleticism either. He's 6'5", which is why he's at this level. Was he recruited as a PG at those schools?

Are you saying he’s a mid-major pg or mid-major player. He’s definitely a P5 player. Maybe he’s not a pg, but he can shoot it pretty good when open. We are 15-7, not 7-15. I think there’s a lot of hyperbole in your post. You still never answered me on what that makes Tyus.

Are you saying he’s a mid-major pg or mid-major player. He’s definitely a P5 player. Maybe he’s not a pg, but he can shoot it pretty good when open. We are 15-7, not 7-15. I think there’s a lot of hyperbole in your post. You still never answered me on what that makes Tyus.
What does Tyus have to do with this? Two completely different players being forced to handle more than they should.

I think Frank's skill are mid-major level. He's not a power conference PG, either.

What does Tyus have to do with this? Two completely different players being forced to handle more than they should.

I think Frank's skill are mid-major level. He's not a power conference PG, either.

He’s shooting about the same from 3 as Mali did here is my point and leads the league in steals. I guess you’re saying we’ve won a lot of games with mid major players.

He’s shooting about the same from 3 as Mali did here is my point and leads the league in steals. I guess you’re saying we’ve won a lot of games with mid major players.
I guess you're putting words in my mouth and inferring things I haven't said or indicated.

I've always thought Frank would be a great non P5 SF. But with his incredible improvement in his shooting, he is absolutely a P5 SG. I was wrong about him. PG is another question.

We have a lot of time and energy invested in Frank. I hope that by next year his PG skills have improved enough for him to be reliable.

I guess you're putting words in my mouth and inferring things I haven't said or indicated.

I don’t agree with your point. That is fine. This is a message board with a bunch of opinions. People call me out all the time.

I found it sort of amusing that Alvarado slapped at Brissett's arms for like 8 seconds after the one rebound, and never got called for it.
Tangentially, there was one rebound where Alvarado pushed Bourama in the back and out of the way and then grabbed the rebound. He announcers (paraphrased): "Wow!, somehow the smaller Alvarado out jumped the taller Bourama for the rebound, I'm not sure how he did that!"

? It was high enough. Chewy decided not to jump. But hey, he got one later from Tyus, so I think that makes Chukwu one for the season for lobs.
When three players take 75% of the FGAs, it's no surprise the rest of team doesn't expect the pass once the drive starts. Which if SU's offense is predicated on mind-reading, then that explains some of the atrociousness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom