Howard Washington... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington...

Like others have said, he needs to take the space given to him and force the D to react, then make the decision of what to do. I think he's capable of that. Open 3's don't seem to be his jam, there are ways around that.

I actually think Howard Washington is a decent shooter. The more he plays I’d expect improvement. If he’s allowed to play through some misses he will start knocking some down

My thoughts exactly. He’s more then capable. Very good 3 ball in Italy and preseason. Once he gets comfy he’ll be fine.

We lose this game without howard. He saved the game twice. Big fan, 6th man.

We turned our 8 point lead to 13 in the second half for the first 6 minutes. Tech was missing shots.
the next 4 minutes though we were outscored 14-2 (or something like that).

3 to's by vt a missed ft by both hughes and buddy, and a turnover on a bad out of bounce call all with washington 7 minute run in the second half.

Overall thought...
Worth a thought to tinker with the starting lineup either half. Not sure how Girard would respond or what's best but its worth a thought. And he's not the only player in terms of starting lineup to look at.

Does Washington have a front rim floater in the lane?

Last edited:
I actually think Howard Washington is a decent shooter. The more he plays I’d expect improvement. If he’s allowed to play through some misses he will start knocking some down

Form looks fine. People are talking about him like he’s the 5th guard when he’s the 3rd.

Sure if it’s last 2 minutes I’d rather he pass out of open looks but rest of the game he should let it rip. He’s a pass first guard that can be trusted to not jack awful shots early in the clock. Given the injury history I think it’s a good thing he was worked in slowly this year but 10 mins a game going forward with JB telling him he wants him to take a couple threes if teams are playing off him should be his role. He’s good at going for steals too and should get us a turnover or two.

It’s nice to have 7 players couple weeks ago looked like we only had 4.5.

I truly do realize everything Howard has gone through and why people want the best for him...but, settling the team down? All he does is bring the the ball down the court, dribble between his legs 25 feet from the hoop and pass the ball around the peremeter. He's unathletic, can't penetrate and isn't a good
shooter. Unless it's a blowout, he shouldn't be playing. Unfortunately, with an aging coach and assistants who can't recruit with the upper echelon of college basketball, we won't have capable players who can come off the bench to provide a spark.
Not seeing this at all. I’m a big HoWash fan, have been for a while. Imo, he’s the only pure PG we have, meaning “pass-1st, game manager”.
To JG’s credit he’s gotten better w/ the handle and running this offense, and of course he can catch fire at any time & win the game by himself. But I think HoWash’s jumper is being underrated here, & 10-15 minutes per game from him is all this team needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom