Howard | Syracusefan.com

Howard

18 points, 6 assists and 1 turnover.

This kid just needed time to finally get comfortable playing at this level.

Really happy for the young man.

Slow down there...he had a good game. He has had good games this season. He needs to show some consistency over a few games which he hasn't. I hope you are right though.

He can be rattled- but no one has been mentally tougher than FH.
I give him credit for his knack to bounce back.
Now there's a contradiction - a mentally tough guy who gets rattled.
I like seeing him develop, but he still worries me out there.
Frank takes the bait too easily and responds negatively, as with the NC St. altercation and with Lykes getting under his skin today.

Frank was outstanding today. He made a ton of big shots and plays. The only blemish was him getting baited by Lykes into taking an ill-advised "I'll show you I'm better than you" 3. He made a few big shots in the 2nd half when it looked like Miami would take over.

Frank was outstanding today. He made a ton of big shots and plays. The only blemish was him getting baited by Lykes into taking an ill-advised "I'll show you I'm better than you" 3. He made a few big shots in the 2nd half when it looked like Miami would take over.
He had a tremendous second half today, hitting many big (and difficult) shots throughout, and making great decisions with the ball. You can't play much better.

He had a tremendous second half today, hitting many big (and difficult) shots throughout, and making great decisions with the ball. You can't play much better.

He also made a baseline floater in the first half that had a very high degree of difficulty. Lykes was a tough matchup because of how quick he is. I'm surprised the diminutive guard didn't pick his pocket. I think it was one of Howard's 3 best games of the season.

He also made a baseline floater in the first half that had a very high degree of difficulty. Lykes was a top matchup because of how quick he is. I'm surprised the diminutive guard didn't pick his pocket. I think it was one of Howard's 3 best games of the season.
I really wish the refs would have called one foul on one of those flops that kid made. I don't know about Howard but I was getting frustrated by that kid.

I really wish the refs would have called one foul on one of those flops that kid made. I don't know about Howard but I was getting frustrated by that kid.

One was really ridiculous. Battle had the ball and took it over half court and there was a little contact and Lykes acted like he was shot. Another one, Battle was called for a push off. On the other hand, Battle has to be careful with his pining for foul calls. He will get a reputation with the refs and they won't give him ANY calls.

huh?
He had a nice game today...in the loss to NC state he missed some big FT and had 4 TO and the multiple pushing fouls sequence. In win vs Wake he was 3-12 from field and 4-10 from FT line. Virginia game was the one where he was 4-17 from the field and 1-9 from 3 and fell down/slipped over his feet for no reason multiple times. The OP said given time he is now comfortable playing in ACC. One good game doesn't exactly mean he has arrived. He has a tendency to make multiple questionable plays/unforced errors every game.

Slow down there...he had a good game. He has had good games this season. He needs to show some consistency over a few games which he hasn't. I hope you are right though.

Therein lies the rub. Frank had a good game today and he's had other good games this year too. But that only makes it that much more frustrating when he has a bad game and he's had plenty of those too.

I'm just glad they didn't call a few of those on us. I fully expected them to.

Therein lies the rub. Frank had a good game today and he's had other good games this year too. But that only makes it that much more frustrating when he has a bad game and he's had plenty of those too.
Yeah but not in a while. Maybe one out of the last 6 or 7.

I don't like that kids game at all. From him jacking 30' 3's, or expecting a foul called because he flops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom