Howard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard

Yes burn it. The kid is good. Would love to see him get some time with Dungey at Qb. Matter of fact would have loved the play calling that happened after the jnjury to have been done the whole game.

Spot on, the play calling opened up after ED came out. Not sure if bc we have actual called runs for ED and TD ran more of what the O can look like.

If he keeps this up, then he won't be here past his junior year anyway. There is no reason to keep his shirt intact.

He could be headed for Sunday's but let's pump the brakes a bit. As good as that run was, he was easily caught from behind.

I'm cool with a wait and see approach. Let's say we we're in blowouts, the offensive line is killing it and Neal, Strickland, and Pierre are ripping off chunk runs. Maybe we keep him on the bench and try to only use him in two more games where we need a spark on the ground. I don't think that's where we're headed, but I would be very happy with that scenario.

I want to say burn it, but do we have enough carries.
I still like what Neal and Strick bring to the table, but Strick has not been producing the YPC we need to be successful.
Just spitballing but maybe Neal/Howard split carries and we get Strick to the slot?
Considering we are 3 games into his senior season I think it’s time to stop talking about. position change for Strickland and appreciate him for what he is , a hard working, never fumbling back. He’s not a star the some of the younger backs can be but I’ve come to really like him.

He could be headed for Sunday's but let's pump the brakes a bit. As good as that run was, he was easily caught from behind.

Didn’t like that but think he have been gassed. Has the potential to be a dominant college back. Splitting hairs here but waiting to see him develop more and more second level counter moves.

Considering we are 3 games into his senior season I think it’s time to stop talking about. position change for Strickland and appreciate him for what he is , a hard working, never fumbling back. He’s not a star the some of the younger backs can be but I’ve come to really like him.
I certainly am thankful for all he has done, but I don't care what class you are if we have better players they need to play.

I'm cool with a wait and see approach. Let's say we we're in blowouts, the offensive line is killing it and Neal, Strickland, and Pierre are ripping off chunk runs. Maybe we keep him on the bench and try to only use him in two more games where we need a spark on the ground. I don't think that's where we're headed, but I would be very happy with that scenario.

I feel like you redshirt a guy if he’s buried so deep on the depth chart that he won’t play.

He’s our 3rd string RB. Which means he’s going to play.

If anything, consider redshirting Pierre?

I certainly am thankful for all he has done, but I don't care what class you are if we have better players they need to play.

They are playing. Splitting reps has worked so far and has the added benefit of having 3 healthy, low-mileage RB.

They are playing. Splitting reps has worked so far and has the added benefit of having 3 healthy, low-mileage RB.
I am aware
I stated I was just spitballing ideas
I have no problem with them all getting carries

End of the day it will most likely be
Neal starting
Strick giving him a break/receiving
Howard short yardage/2nd half to punish the tired D
All my orginal post was trying to do was thinking of getting as munch talent out on the field as we could, no hate for Strick.

I feel like you redshirt a guy if he’s buried so deep on the depth chart that he won’t play.

He’s our 3rd string RB. Which means he’s going to play.

If anything, consider redshirting Pierre?
Makes sense to me.

End of the day it will most likely be
Neal starting
Strick giving him a break/receiving
Howard short yardage/2nd half to punish the tired D
All my orginal post was trying to do was thinking of getting as munch talent out on the field as we could, no hate for Strick.

Like it and agree. Think Pierre will remain in the reserve rotation or shirt?

bext yr

neal SR
Adams JR
Howard SO
Pierre ?? so/jr depending

strange depth no matter what we do

do we have a recruit? Dixon leaving left a hole. really could use 2 guys this cycle ?

bext yr

neal SR
Adams JR
Howard SO
Pierre ?? so/jr depending

strange depth no matter what we do

do we have a recruit? Dixon leaving left a hole. really could use 2 guys this cycle ?
I'd be surprised if they dont take one rb this cycle and I'd expect it to be a burner/lightning type.

2018 YPC:

ED 7.9
Howard 6.9
Neal 4.0
Strick 3.3

More Howard please.

1st I 100% want more Howard
I think his YPC would drop if he played more in the 1st half, but hopefully would stay around 4+

1st I 100% want more Howard
I think his YPC would drop if he played more in the 1st half, but hopefully would stay around 4+

I think you will see more Neal and Howard this week with Strick being used as the receiver out of the backfield. That and blocking are his strengths IMHO.

I think you will see more Neal and Howard this week with Strick being used as the receiver out of the backfield. That and blocking are his strengths IMHO.
That's what I'm hoping for

Strickland wears down the defense, we do not need to worry about strickland turning the ball over.

Lightning, Moe and Howard, strike while the defense is cramping, tired and on their heels.

Strickland wears down the defense, we do not need to worry about strickland turning the ball over.

Lightning, Moe and Howard, strike while the defense is cramping, tired and on their heels.
Moe started the game last week and looked better running the ball than Strickland. The move Howard made on that long run is one that we haven't seen since Delone Carter. Neither is explained simply by saying the defense was tired.

Strickland is reliable with everything he is asked to do but does not have the natural running ability the others have. I would expect that as Howard demonstrates improvement with the nuances of his responsibilities he will get more carries.

Babers alluded to the fact that he wanted to get Howard in against a real life ACC defense in a controlled setting (I think up by x number of points). He said they are still searching for a do everything back that can go tempo and do all the things they require the back to do.

I took that as: Strickland is not the runner they want. He said Moe is getting better at pass defense but is little small for blocking. Howard is just young and not quite fully baked with all of the things they need him to do. But sounded hopeful and encouraged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom