How's John Raymon doing? | Syracusefan.com

How's John Raymon doing?

EnviroSciGuy

Resident woody plant obsessive
I haven't seen any posts or articles on how the big guy is recovering. After reading about all of the challenges he's faced, I hope he's doing well and leaning on the Cuse football family as he fights to heal and get back on the field.

Someone posted a pic in another thread that showed him at the Texas Bowl sitting behind the bench on the sideline with no crutches nearby. I took that as a sign that surgery went well and he was doing OK.

Rooting for the big guy, hope he makes it back stronger than before. That would be something.

He seemed to be walking without a limp at the Texas bowl celebration.

After reading about his upbringing, I would selfishly love it if he were able to play again. For him though, I would also love it if he is able to earn his degree and have a successful life, on or off the field. It sure seems like he deserves it after what he's been through.

Do we know for sure if he's had surgery yet? I remember reading that the doctors were waiting for the swelling to subside.

Hopefully, the surgery was successfully completed and he's well on way way to recovery.

Our kid on the local team tore his knee up in Sept and still hasnt had surgery yet waiting for swelling to go down.

Someone posted a pic in another thread that showed him at the Texas Bowl sitting behind the bench on the sideline with no crutches nearby. I took that as a sign that surgery went well and he was doing OK.

Rooting for the big guy, hope he makes it back stronger than before. That would be something.

That was me...

-93d6658762a6369e.jpg

Texas Bowl / Syracuse Orange
Syracuse defensive end John Raymon (97) watches from the sidelines during the Orange's game against the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the Texas Bowl on Dec. 27, 2013, at Reliant Stadium in Houston. (Thomas B. Shea | special to syracuse.com)

Don't see any crutches or wheel chair around.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/nice-to-see-john-raymon-was-at-the-game.64640/

Looks like in that picture he has one of those adjustable braces. It looks like they haven't had him bend it yet. My friend had his knee done, they locked the brace at 75 degrees and once it started to heal they would let him adjust a bit further every few weeks.

Yes, I watched him walking around behind the Syracuse bench at the game several times. He wasn't limping but looked like he was moving around pretty carefully.

The reports following his injury on October 20th said he would have surgery in the next week weeks, so I have to assume that it happened a while ago.

Do you remember what the injury was?

Someone else might be able to be more specific...

@Stephen_Bailey1
John Raymon will have season-ending surgery for a right knee injury, according to an SU Athletics report.

Someone else might be able to be more specific...

@Stephen_Bailey1
John Raymon will have season-ending surgery for a right knee injury, according to an SU Athletics report.
Everything?