Huge game for Nassibs legacy and for Hackett to step up. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Huge game for Nassibs legacy and for Hackett to step up.

Its just not as bad as you think. We don't run guys deep much and we gave no real seep threat. And the OL guys that a Philcox and others had were much better than this group. We do a better job run blocking than pass blocking. Seems like its always been like that. I also don't remember too many deep downfield passes thrown while on the run by any of our recent QB's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Don't know that the previos o/lines were better. I do think the skill position players were much better. In-fact I think this o/line is better as I think there's 2 NFL players on it.

Rutgers defense gives up 296 yards a game. Pitt and Minny each give up 24 more yards a game (320). My guess is that if Pitt and Minny played Rutger's schedule their defensive numbers could possibly be better by 24 yards a game. I'm thinking Rutgers has a good defense, and SU is prepared to face it. Can SU execute better and avoid turnovers? I hope.

Its just not as bad as you think. We don't run guys deep much and we gave no real seep threat. And the OL guys that a Philcox and others had were much better than this group. We do a better job run blocking than pass blocking. Seems like its always been like that. I also don't remember too many deep downfield passes thrown while on the run by any of our recent QB's.

Because we've had mediocre QB's for over a decade. As much as Sunseri has had thrown his way, how many throws did make against us down the field while on the move, 4, 5?

Because we've had mediocre QB's for over a decade. As much **** as Sunseri has had thrown his way, how many throws did make against us down the field while on the move, 4, 5?

A few. But their guys were open, ours weren't. If there is one thing that most will agree with that were there it is that ours guys were blanketed.

Sunseri surprised me with his play. He was sacked 5 times and under pressure on many other.

Of course the players have to make plays. But you're wrong if you think coaches don't play a role, sometimes a big role, on game day.

Play calling and decision making are just as important. How many times have you heard a coach say, including Marrone, that they have to put players in a position to be successful? This staff has had a tough time with that sometimes. I say they have cost the team a victory a few times the past few years.

Missing a tackle is an unintentional mistake. A bad decision is a choice.

What do you think happens?

Hackett draws up plays in the dirt on the sidelines?

No.

The game plan is devised over a period of months, dating back to June and July.

By the time the game comes around the plan is set and the calls that will be made have already been decided for each situation. And the process is done by a group of coaches- Not by one guy.

Will adjustments be made during the game?

Sure.

But that process is probably far less common than you presume.

The game is about talent and execution- carrying out the game plan without making mistakes.

You and I and everybody else on this board have very little idea of what the coaches plan to do or why certain plays are called.

So stop the nonsense about play calling- it's a waste of time.

A few. But their guys were open, ours weren't. If there is one thing that most will agree with that were there it is that ours guys were blanketed.

We'll agree to disagree but we've had guys open too.

What do you think happens?

Hackett draws up plays in the dirt on the sidelines?

No.

The game plan is devised over a period of months, dating back to June and July.

By the time the game comes around the plan is set and the calls that will be made have already been decided for each situation. And the process is done by a group of coaches- Not by one guy.

Will adjustments be made during the game?

Sure.

But that process is probably far less common than you presume.

The game is about talent and execution- carrying out the game plan without making mistakes.

You and I and everybody else on this board have very little idea of what the coaches plan to do or why certain plays are called.

So stop the nonsense about play calling- it's a waste of time.

So every play that is called and every decision that is made is always the right one? And every adjustment that is made is the right one?

PS: Marrone cost us the rutgirls game last year. As much as Phil's dropped INT did.

Then maybe we don't want to go spread and put ourselves at a blocking disadvantage. Go back to using a fullback.

Geez Bees, why are you trying to kill me?

Sunseri surprised me with his play. He was sacked 5 times and under pressure on many other.

Its two different approaches. They have told Nassib, don't take sacks, don't hold onto the ball too long. Sunseri has been told stand in there and we will deal with negative yardage plays. It's obvious.

Last weeks SU's approach won them the game and Pitt's cost it. But it was as close as can be.

Well, Pitt may ask Sunseri to stay put more in the pocket, but sacks are bad. I'd much rather have a QB who is able to move around pressure in the pocket. I'm guessing Pitt would too.

Tomorrow's game is the opportunity for these two often beleagured men to show that Go's opinion about the corner being turned is true and that this offense is/can be taken to the next level.

While I have never been down on Nassib, after last years horrific performance against Rutty he needs to redeem himself and play a smart, efficient, and turnover free game. He needs to hit on at least one deep ball and make Rutgers pay when there pass rush/blitz cant get home in time. He has played Rutgers four years now, he knows what to expect and its time he put this team on his back.

For Hackett its time to put up or shut up. We have kept Broyld and the trick plays under wraps for most of the year, it's time to see what we have up our sleeves. I would be shocked if Broyld or another non QB didnt attempt a pass Saturday. We also need to see more of the USC and NW offense on Saturday with shots down the field to Kobena (if healthy) and Clark. Also lets reintroduce Adrian Flemming and David Stevens to the world with some actual passing plays. Syracuse has been successful against Rutgers when we take the fight to them (09 and 10) trying to make this game a rock fight on purpose is going to result in a defeat for us.

If they are going down today, it won't be because they got conservative. Doesn't mean it's going to be work.

So every play that is called and every decision that is made is always the right one? And every adjustment that is made is the right one?

PS: Marrone cost us the rutgirls game last year. As much as Phil's dropped INT did.

If a play doesn't work it doesn't mean it's the wrong decision, and if it does, doesn't mean it's the right one. As for the Rutgers five turnovers and all the missed kicks might have had something to do with it as well.

If they are going down today, it won't be because they got conservative. Doesn't mean it's going to be work.

I would much rather they go down swinging I can totally accept that.