huge game for tourny resume | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

huge game for tourny resume

I’ll reserve judgment on Gtown until we play them. However, Gtown does have the softest non-conference schedule I’ve ever seen. They really went out of their way to pad Patrick’s head coaching start. Excluding Syracuse, you know you have a weak schedule when the most difficult matchup you have is against NC A&T.
yep. actually I think I remember reading that they pulled out of one of the early tourneys so as to have as soft pre conf as possible

That’s how I see it too which is way better than I thought preseason. I just don’t see us beating them. They have firepower, athletes, defense, size, speed, etc.
i think we can dictate tempo & hang with them . . . as long as our bigs are in the game. which might be 30 minutes or less.

JB will figure out a way to keep the Kansas game closer than expected, but it’s gonna be really tough to beat them. They just have too much talent and depth. Never say never but I don’t think we have a chance. However, I think we can beat UConn, Gtown and hopefully the Bonnies at home. I think we may lose one of those to go 11-2 in the non-conference. 12-1 would be amazing and is very realistic.
I just checked the KU season stats. Self is playing 6 and a half. ( That's without Preston, but it remains to be seen if he'll see the court soon, if at all.)

So, I don't think they have a depth advantage.

yep. actually I think I remember reading that they pulled out of one of the early tourneys so as to have as soft pre conf as possible
They were scheduled to go to Portland for that PK 80 shindig.