hunts progression | Syracusefan.com

hunts progression

Millhouse

Living Legend
ehn1.jpg

This is just passing. I know that's only part of Hunt's game.

Half full
Look at that progression
Half empty
The progression looks real steep because he started SO BAD

Half full
Nassib never had three BCS games in a row above 119 any 3 game stretch in 2010 or 2011.
Half empty
Nassib stunk in 2010 and 2011

Everything fell into place pretty nicely this year. Hunt developed enough to at least give us some hope. If someone beats him out, great but if not, at least there's something. Allen's picks forced their hand, they got a bowl win anyway and we got Hunts growing pains out of the way.

thanks for charting that Millhouse

another half full angle on that progression is that a lot of the completions that went into those higher QBR #s were to underclassmen

thanks for charting that Millhouse

another half full angle on that progression is that a lot of the completions that went into those higher QBR #s were to underclassmen
that chart is a little biased topping out at 140. when really 140 is just pretty good.

put a little white space above it where the really good quarterbacks are and the trend looks like it flattens

acwe.jpg

that chart is a little biased topping out at 140. when really 140 is just pretty good.

put a little white space above it where the really good quarterbacks are and the trend looks like it flattens

acwe.jpg
yeah, clearly wasn't setting the world on fire - but first year starter with lots of limitations in the receiving corp and with an offensive coaching staff that was learning on the fly - then add in the demonstrated running ability and I'm pleased with the development to almost pretty good passing

Think how much better it would have been if he had been put in an offense from the beginning that fit his skill set better.

Based on how things unfolded I think it's apparent that McDonald didn't see Hunt as the guy to run the offense he wants to run. Allen as the bridge to Kimble and Wilson.

By the end of the year this looked more like late Deleone with the grafting of the SU run game with a good amount of QB runs to the WCO pass attack that they used from the late '90's on.

I don't think that's the long term vision they have for the offense.

Think how much better it would have been if he had been put in an offense from the beginning that fit his skill set better.

Based on how things unfolded I think it's apparent that McDonald didn't see Hunt as the guy to run the offense he wants to run. Allen as the bridge to Kimble and Wilson.

By the end of the year this looked more like late Deleone with the grafting of the SU run game with a good amount of QB runs to the WCO pass attack that they used from the late '90's on.

I don't think that's the long term vision they have for the offense.
i loved the qb draws that kept drives going. reminded me of 2001.

so similar to that year. guy starting the year can't stop turning it over. backup keeps chains moving with draws and no INTs even though they can't throw. epic shutout beatdown that you just put out of your mind. freeney was worth at least 3 wins by himself, other than him, about the same

hopefully 2014 isn't like 2002

one thing that showed is that the running part of the equation led to at least 3 wins. the more he runs the more chances he gets hit. we had 1 running qb that we wanted to play this year.. there is a chance we have 4-5 of that type next year if reports are correct. still it shows how tough it is to win when you max out at 200 yds passing all the time. if we can get a WR that 1-2 time a game stretches the field life gets awhole bunch easier.

Imagine where those bars would be if Broyld had hands.