Hurley vs Haith | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley vs Haith

Guy walks into a bar. That guy is me. In Connecticut.

There are two crappy things happening on the two TVs in the bar: an NHL pre-game show (watched by dozens, I'm sure), and an NBA pre-game show. Wow, good times.

What is NOT happening is any interest in a UConn men's basketball game.

And while I'm in Fairfield County (closest to NYC), I'm not sure this would be a lot different in the rest of the state.

I had to request that the UConn-Tulsa game be put on. Because on a night when I can't root for SU, I can at least root for the mangy pups to lose.

But there's no volume on the set.

So what the hell did happen between Hurley and Tulsa, for those who were able to get the audio?

I would say that between the two, Hurley looked like a full-on lunatic.

I"m no Hurley fan but I thought the stripes blew this up and made it more than it was. Don't know what was said, but a quick bring together and say "cut the sh--" and move on. Stripes handled this poorly IMHO.

I didn’t see what happened and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case as Mick Cronin got hosed the night before, but this is turning into a bit of a trend for Hurley and the officials are probably sick of him.

I"m no Hurley fan but I thought the stripes blew this up and made it more than it was. Don't know what was said, but a quick bring together and say "cut the sh--" and move on. Stripes handled this poorly IMHO.

Absolutely, the refs made a mountain out of a molehill here. The refs ejecting the coaches last night over this minor incident, gave it far more attention then it ever should've gotten. I'm no Hurley fan either, but after the refs gave them the 1st T, Hurley wanted to simply shake the other coaches hand to nip this in the bud and put this minor matter to rest before it turns into a yellow journalism/social media fiasco.

But of course, it's not the world we live in. The announcer last night is an idiot too in his foolish attempt to compare what was happening to the infamous Cheney/Calipari incident. Not even close to that, where Cheney was heard uttering "I'll kill you!" And, "I'll kick your ass!"

Hurley has lost the benefit of the doubt with the refs. He whines and yells non stop literally the whole game. He jaws with opposing coaches and players. He’s made his bed with how he acts

Last night was simple - the refs said get back to your box and Hurley in a sarcastic jest went
To shake Haiths haNd (which Haith wanted no part of) and Hurley got tossed. If he stayed at his bench like the refs said he wouldn’t have gotten the 2nd T

If you act like a jacka**, you’ll get treated like one. Haith was the one who got screwed

Absolutely, the refs made a mountain out of a molehill here. The refs ejecting the coaches last night over this minor incident, gave it far more attention then it ever should've gotten. I'm no Hurley fan either, but after the refs gave them the 1st T, Hurley wanted to simply shake the other coaches hand to nip this in the bud and put this minor matter to rest before it turns into a yellow journalism/social media fiasco.

But of course, it's not the world we live in. The announcer last night is an idiot too in his foolish attempt to compare what was happening to the infamous Cheney/Calipari incident. Not even close to that, where Cheney was heard uttering "I'll kill you!" And, "I'll kick your ass!"

Hurley deserves it and is a complete nutcase. He did the same thing with Ed Cooley a few years back . Acted like a jerk, Cooley got pissed (which is not easy to do) and then Hurley realizing he was wrong tried to apologize by yelling Ed are we okay, my bad, my bad. Check the video. Not the first time he acted like this and his reputation is hurting him. He really needs to grow up and act like a professional coach.

Cuse!

Hurley has lost the benefit of the doubt with the refs. He whines and yells non stop literally the whole game. He jaws with opposing coaches and players. He’s made his bed with how he acts

Last night was simple - the refs said get back to your box and Hurley in a sarcastic jest went
To shake Haiths haNd (which Haith wanted no part of) and Hurley got tossed. If he stayed at his bench like the refs said he wouldn’t have gotten the 2nd T

If you act like a jacka**, you’ll get treated like one. Haith was the one who got screwed

“We were trying to diffuse the situation and shake hands, and got the second technical and were ejected. I don’t feel this was handled correctly and should be looked at by the league.” Haith shared Hurley’s point of view, “It didn’t warrant us both being ejected,” Haith told Goodman. “Both of us are competitors who were fighting for our teams. Could have been defused.”

So, relative to your "which Haith wanted no part of" remark, well not according to Haith himself as his actual quotes differ from your own thinking and personal opinion.

Yes, Hurley's behavioral traits certainly will give him a short lease when it comes to the refs patience, etc., but again, IMO, they blew it here, as 'on its face' it didn't warrant the double T and ejections.

Eh. Hurley was being a weirdo. Making a big show of walking over with his arm extended. Haith seemed to want no part of it.

Eh. Hurley was being a weirdo. Making a big show of walking over with his arm extended. Haith seemed to want no part of it.

The video I've seen showed Hurley extending his arm offering to shake his hand, however, I haven't seen a video that simultaneously show's Haith's reaction or body language while attempting same as the video I've seen only focuses on Hurley. However, Haith's actual quotes speak for itself in what he thought about the situation and that the refs could've defused it, vs. escalating it.

Hurley is a clown. If I’m SU, I wouldn’t schedule anything with UCONN as long as he’s there.

He’s an embarrassment to decency.

Good thing Devo wasn’t on the sidelines for SU this year or he prolly would have kicked his ass right there in MSG, for all of us.

Last edited:
He is going to wear out his welcome really quickly. And I wouldn't count on the contract being paid when they axe him either
if you stiff enough coaches, you can balance your athletic budget.

Hurley is pathetic and an embarrassment. During the Cincinnati - UConn game a loose ball occurred right in front of Hurley, a UConn player dove for the ball, a UC player started to go for the ball but realized the UConn player had it so he purposely dove about a foot over the UConn player on the floor and landed at Hurley's feet. Hurley then proceeded to stand over top the UC player and nastily, angrily point in the UC players face and spew that the UC player fouled his player (who despite getting the ball slid out of bounds to turn it over. He's a real POS, UConn deserves him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom