Hype vs actual talent | Syracusefan.com

Hype vs actual talent

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
i think with the birth of the message board players that are already hyped up to be the next great player or recruit are injected with "message board steroids" and never live up to their rankings or hype. a lot of the people never seen the player play and arent fit for judging talent imo. look at fab melo's hype and looked at whats hes done so far, although it takes a big man longer to develop. this message board took his hype to the next level while we were waiting for a commitment from him.

I've learned to not buy in to any hype unless ive seen the player play against good competition myself numerous times to actually get a feel for a player before i let myself get disappointed by another over ranked over rater player. some where josh wright is smiling.

i think with the birth of the message board players that are already hyped up to be the next great player or recruit are injected with "message board steroids" and never live up to their rankings or hype. a lot of the people never seen the player play and arent fit for judging talent imo. look at fab melo's hype and looked at whats hes done so far, although it takes a big man longer to develop. this message board took his hype to the next level while we were waiting for a commitment from him.

I've learned to not buy in to any hype unless ive seen the player play against good competition myself numerous times to actually get a feel for a player before i let myself get disappointed by another over ranked over rater player. some where josh wright is smiling.

DBTHJPTG

Great strategy. Never want to get excited by something deemed as entertainment.

If I could do 2003 all over again, I would begin getting excited around the time of Hakim's block and even then I would be cautiously optimistic.

physical talent and developed skill are very different things. Once in a while you get a freshman with both Melo 03. We also had Gerry that year who didn't have a lot of physical talent but had already developed the skills needed to play right away.

I hear what your saying but im talking about hype like the next melo whos ready to come in and dominate. All that we hear is how this player is a one and done and in reality is a four year player not even good enough to make the nba.

I agree kids are hyped more than ever and it seems they miss wildly on more and more kids every season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom