Hypothetical question:. Do you extend Babers contract | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical question:. Do you extend Babers contract

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Two more years if the team goes 10-3 with a bowl win? How about 11-2 with a bowl win?

I know silly and way out there hypothetical.

Edit: Allows him to keep telling recruits he will be around their four or five years.

4-8
4-8
10-3
5-7
1-10
10-3

34-37 with two bowls

No and let’s worry about making a bowl game this year first. We will most likely be underdogs in every game we play from here on out, praying for a 6 or 7 win season but could easily see us stuck on 3 as well.

I don’t see a huge need to rush another extension.
Other high level programs will remember his 1-10 season last year.
If he wins 10 games he will have been occasionally great but not consistently good. He will have also been occasionally terrible.
He was brought in as an offensive guru. Our team is not an offensive juggernaut.
I’d be more worried about securing our oline and defensive coaching team.
I love Dino and hope he earns the right to be here a long time, but I’ve had enough faith. I’d like to see some consistent evidence before an extension.

Jesus performed miracles for 3 seasons but has produced zero evidence since the great sun dance and that was with his mother pulling some strings.

nobody has called for him to be on the hot seat. Just saying.

Two more years if the team goes 10-3 with a bowl win? How about 11-2 with a bowl win?

I know silly and way out there hypothetical.

Edit: Allows him to keep telling recruits he will be around their four or five years.

4-8
4-8
10-3
5-7
1-10
10-3

34-37 with two bowls

I don't know the answer, but let's say he goes 11-2.

Here is the pro-Dino recap: he had two initial rebuilding years post-SS, a 5-7 reset after losing Dungey, 1-10 team where they almost weren't able to field a team and then a +10 win turnaround?

Again, I'm not saying to do it, but I think there is a compelling case to say yes.

If we go 11-2 I wouldn’t extend Dino.
Nope.
But were using the buyout as an excuse if we went 4-8 to keep him.
No way no how does he get an extension with any results this year.

We aren’t going to go 11-2. I would settle for 7-5 right now and do cartwheels.

Weren’t we just all talking about who our new coach should be and now after one win we are thinking extension? Man people are so reactionary haha no way he needs to prove himself further and show that 10 win season wasn’t a fluke

Weren’t we just all talking about who our new coach should be and now after one win we are thinking extension? Man people are so reactionary haha no way he needs to prove himself further and show that 10 win season wasn’t a fluke

I mean, this is a fan forum so yeah generally things are reactionary on here

as the original poster stated, hypothetical question….aka he’s curious what people’s thoughts are about this IF it did happen.

I like the post, gives us something to talk about instead of fighting over GS and TD

It's a simple what are your thoughts if and we all know it's a huge if he went 10-3 or 11-2.

Just trying to get some discussion going during a slow part of the week.

I should have said if he is 10-3 or 11-2, then let's add the caveat that he actually is one win better and ACC Champ.

So now we go 12-2 or 11-3 with a bowl win and conference championship - does that change the formula for people?

I think the concept of the thread is over some people's heads.

In no way do I expect us to run the table or go here on out with just one or two more losses.

Just trying to create a fun what if to get people's perspectives.

I think I’d have a more solid answer after this season is done, right now it would be an emotional answer rather than an analytical one.

I wouldn't have a problem giving Tony White an extension. (I know that's not how it works.)

A great W-L record generally merits extensions.
A great W-L record in spite of persistent problems with the offense indicates that you're very lucky and you have an excellent defense.

Only if he’ll amend the buyout language to make it one sided in the university’s favor.

But I suspect that might run afoul of legal standards or NY labor law.

So I guess I’ll say, No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom