Hypothetical | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical

Better for the program?

• Total voters
Clemson win, followed by a very close game at Miami. This is s xy to the recruits. With Dungey we would have had more wins. Every recruit can image they will come into a growing program, and they, personally, will be the difference maker. If you can beat Clemson, you can be in a BCS bowl. If you go year after year to the bottom barrel bowls, that is your ceiling. Clemson gives us a higher ceiling.

Is there any data to support that? I've seen a lot of people argue that bowl practice positively affects the following season's performance, and I'm just honestly curious if it's ever been quantified.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Bowl games mean extra practice time, chance to get a jump on next year

What it can mean as to getting your freshmen and sophomores quality practice time that they won’t get until the following spring and fall camps are invaluable. A lot of those players don’t get a lot of coaching during the season as they are relegated to the scout team and don’t get the full attention of the staff until spring.

Hey, I don’t take anything away from your Clemson win but in the long run, what did it get Syracuse? Any 4* commit after that game? I will take further development ALL day long.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Bowl games mean extra practice time, chance to get a jump on next year

What it can mean as to getting your freshmen and sophomores quality practice time that they won’t get until the following spring and fall camps are invaluable. A lot of those players don’t get a lot of coaching during the season as they are relegated to the scout team and don’t get the full attention of the staff until spring.

Hey, I don’t take anything away from your Clemson win but in the long run, what did it get Syracuse? Any 4* commit after that game? I will take further development ALL day long.
This! "Syracuse beat Clemson, I'm going there" said no recruit ever...
That win means something to us homers, that's about it. The rest of the world has moved on.

I suppose whatever is more important to the recruits in 2018 and 2019 is my answer. I'm curious on what their thoughts on this are.