Hypothetically... | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetically...

Eric15

Living Legend
Let's say we had beat Northwestern in the opener and are currently 1-0, and instead of being at Metlife Stadium, we're playing #1 USC in the Dome.

What type of attendance would that game draw? Do we get a 1990s-esque 49K crowd, or does it top out in the low-to-mid 40s?

I would guess 48+.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Even with a NW loss, playing the No. 1 team in the nation would pull in a solid 45k

Hypothetically if I'm Ryan Nassib, im pissed because a 1-0 Cuse vs a #1 ranked USC at Metlife wouldve featured a Nassib/Barkley storyline with the sick numbers he put up against NW. At 0-1 noone really cares outside of us.

As for the question, yea I think that game would be a return to the glory days at the Dome.

Let's say we had beat Northwestern in the opener and are currently 1-0, and instead of being at Metlife Stadium, we're playing #1 USC in the Dome.

What type of attendance would that game draw? Do we get a 1990s-esque 49K crowd, or does it top out in the low-to-mid 40s?

47k...unless it was at Noon. And 30k would be there at kickoff.

47k...unless it was at Noon. And 30k would be there at kickoff.

and by the time the rest of the crowd showed up 15K of the 30K that was there on time would be leaving.

I think we would come very close to a sell-out.

If it is true that the game is worth $5 million to SU they could play it in Alaska and it would be hard to blame Dr Gross. We need the money to compete.

I would say around 45,000 with 110,000 who would claim they were there if SU were to win.

Hypothetically, had we gone 12-0 instead of 5-7 last year, what would our attendance have been for the National Championship game?

You know...hypothetically.