I’m bringing my kids to their first game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m bringing my kids to their first game

If the friggin WIFI worked you could hand them a tablet and put them on “Retro Bowl” if they got restless, no?!

I mean, that’s what I would do. For myself obviously, but I think the kids would like it too.

My son is 15 and my daughter is 13. Each of them went to SU basketball when they were less than 1 year old. The SU Athletics Department used to do “professional“ photos for each game that you could order in a variety of sizes.

My son’s first game was SU versus Long Beach. We have photo from the game with Jonny Flynn bringing the ball up the court. Subsequently he signed it saying to my son….Congrats on your fist SU basketball game.

Two year’s later, we did the same thing for my daughter’s first game versus Notre Dame. Picture of Kris Joseph that he signed to my daughter congratulating her. They both hang in my Orange office.

Point is, try to do something they will have as a keepsake. I took a large envelope that has the game ticket and boxscore as well.

They will both be with me this weekend G-d willing to watch SU/Clemson.

Enjoy it and, as others have said, PLENTY of quality time with Otto!

SUOrange44

This is just to say that (a) not every kid wants to bail from sporting events early, and (b) Clearly I am the greatest father ever.
Not if you raised her to be a Sox fan. Fail.

My son (1 year old) has experienced his first three football games so far this season and has been awesome at them. Way better than expected!

We are having him skip out on Clemson, hoping the atmosphere is too wild for a little man like that!!

I brought my son to two games. One was the 2019 Wake Forest game (he was 10), and he loved it. That ending certainly reeled him in.

The second was the 2021 Pitt game. He spent the walk back to the Sheraton telling me he didn't understand why we use that QB who can't throw (started to wonder if Kaiser and my wife were hanging out back in 2008).

But when we got to the Sheraton, we rode the elevator with the refs, still in uniform. They gave him the coin that they flipped at the start of the game. So he thought that was really cool, saved the experience.

What are some suggestions for me for pregame fun for them? Boy 12, girl 7, neither of them are into football, they assume every game I watch is SU lol. I know the quad has the most activity, but I’ve only been to games as a drinking activity, never even really went to the quad. What are some good G-PG Rated things to do pregame to get them pumped? Thanks for any suggestions. Go CUSE!!
Constant onslaught of snacks during the game , steady drip

And everything scooch said

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom