I’m not even mad | Syracusefan.com

I’m not even mad

HOFCeluck

Living Legend
The only thing that surprises me is the final margin, but once they took the lead in the second half I figured that was pretty much it.

That’s ok. I’ve recalibrated my expectations of what SU basketball should be. We’re going to make the tournament, and we’ll have a shot to win a couple games based on our system and matchups. But we’re not going to be a title contender going forward under JB. It is what it is.

Then there’s zero reason for him to stick around.

With recruiting falling off quite heavily since Hop left, the kids we get now are 3-4 year players. If that's the new strategy, then calibrations do need to be reset. Still have a chance at a title under JB, but it's going to be in a couple years. With the NBA possibly doing away with the 1 and done rule, recruiting will become even harder for the kids further down the list. Need to have a few go-to scorers that can create their own shots in this offensive system. Hopefully Girard and Buddy will be able to light up the scoreboards, but they'll need alot of help.

When they got up by 7 points and MD went out for a few minutes, I knew it was over.