I’m still mad that Dino didn’t get ACC coach of the year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m still mad that Dino didn’t get ACC coach of the year

You guys act like identifying, getting, and developing talent isn't part of the head coaches job. Florida State had somewhat similar players (by star rating) as Clemson and look where that got them.

I see both sides of this so strongly. Dino did something that a lot of people thought could never be done again here at Syracuse, and he has brought hope back to Syracuse Football. Going from 4-8 to 10-3 is no joke, and if you are going based on the largest year over year improvement Dino has to win the award. GENERALLY I have thought of coach of the year as being synonymous with coach who most outpaced expectations, and that was Dino in 2018.

That being said, Dabo was clearly the best coach in America this past year, and "Coach of the Year" is technically supposed to go to that guy. The guy is a great leader and a great man. They're going to be our big rival for a while I have a feeling, but it's honestly impossible for me to dislike Dabo. I'm a football coach myself, and the man embodies everything that I want to represent to the kids who I coach. I saw him speaking at the ring ceremony of their spring game and it gave me chills to listen to the guy. He's a quintessential leader and a role model for all men. I can't get upset about a man like that winning this award.

Not sure why credit can’t be given where it’s due. Or we are adamant our guy gets a participation trophy.

He benched his starter and ended up with a guy who was lights out on the biggest stage against the best team.

He adjusted and made the right calls to escape against a very good Syracuse team who beat him the year before and was winning late. That was their only close call and game they were threatened in.

2 playoff blowouts of possibly the 2 other best teams.

No shame in losing to someone who has a year like that. We didn’t represent the league well in the Bronx.
Clemson started out #1 in the ACC. That “very good Syracuse team” started out #14 - and Clemson barely won at home.

That’s the difference. His machine was humming coming into the year. He met expectations. Dino exceeded them. Blow us out, and then there’s the legitimate “what else do you want him to do” argument ... but he didn’t.

Clemson started out #1 in the ACC. That “very good Syracuse team” started out #14 - and Clemson barely won at home.

That’s the difference. His machine was humming coming into the year. He met expectations. Dino exceeded them. Blow us out, and then there’s the legitimate “what else do you want him to do” argument ... but he didn’t.

He blew everyone out but the 2nd best team in the ACC that beat him the year before and had him down late. A+M we’re getting blown out on college station in the 4th quarter before meaningless late scores. Bama hadn’t been blown out in a decade. I’m not giving us credit or bonus points for not getting blown out because we should have won that game.

Reactions: gbo
He blew everyone out but the 2nd best team in the ACC that beat him the year before and had him down late. A+M we’re getting blown out on college station in the 4th quarter before meaningless late scores. Bama hadn’t been blown out in a decade. I’m not giving us credit or bonus points for not getting blown out because we should have won that game.

Dabo did nothing to disuade voters. I can’t think of a single reason to not give it to him based on his accomplishments last season.

The only claim Dino has is that it’s typically given to a coach that exceeds expectations. Dino also would have won it for the first time which is a better look for the league and in keeping with precedent.

Like I said - I really don’t think Dabo is undeserving. But that he obscured the job Dino did sucks.

Just have to beat em I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom