I actually agree with Igor on something LOL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I actually agree with Igor on something LOL

Capt. Tuttle said:
Igor always makes some outlandish claims as to why the guy not playing should play, guys like Ethan Cole and Eric Williams. That way, he can always claim to be correct, because he thinks he can't be proven wrong. The fact that JB wants to win every game, and certain guys don't play, tells you all you need to know about their current ability to help the team win

Ethan Cole? Yikes, how that guy got one minute of play I'll never know.

Something that is extremely frustrating is when Kieta sets a beautiful pick and executes a beautiful roll and no one goes with him, but then you cant trust him to receive the ball and finish it. I mean the defense doesn't even account for him on those rolls, they know 1-we wont feed him or 2- he wont catch it cleanly and they will have time to recover. Very seldom does he catch it cleanly and finish it.

So, because he is a stellar young man you have no problem shafting him again? I'm glad JB is not you. BMK has given four hard years as the program guy. On more than one occasion he has been on the short end of the token starter concept. Now you want BMK to move aside so we can develop Roberson for next year? Please, next time you agree with igor on something -do a double check.

Way too early to pull the plug on this season to increase our odds for next year.
It's not pulling the plug on this season when it might make the team better.

So, because he is a stellar young man you have no problem shafting him again? I'm glad JB is not you. BMK has given four hard years as the program guy. On more than one occasion he has been on the short end of the token starter concept. Now you want BMK to move aside so we can develop Roberson for next year? Please, next time you agree with igor on something -do a double check.

Way too early to pull the plug on this season to increase our odds for next year.

Sarge, I agree with you. BMK started out a little slow last year and then started putting up better numbers. I think JB should continue to give BMK a good chunk of minutes each game. If Christmas and Coleman are really better they have plenty of time to prove their contributions in the minutes they have. I think BMK has been fine and since he has the most experience in the zone on defense I sometimes prefer him there because of his height.

Roberson has just been okay. He has lots to learn. He will have his time to shine. The NBA isn't going anywhere.

and played the high post forward (who had been giving us issues) all the way out till he could be passed off to a guard at least twice and possibly 3 times.
yep. and some of the hoops gurus around here were trying to ridicule him for it yesterday.

It's not pulling the plug on this season when it might make the team better.
I don't see it making the team better for this year. To me, Roberson's time will be developmental and help him as he takes on a larger role next year. It looks like at best Roberson could be the 3rd forward while BMK's time would be used in getting him back to the top defensive center.

I would like to see Roberson get more time but not at the extreme of moving BMK into 9th place.

In his own inimical style, Igor states below that JB needs to sit Baye in favor of Coleman and Rak with the eventual insertion of Roberson. Effectively moving Baye to 9th on the depth chart.
We are going to need Coleman's offense in conference and Rak needs to work on his defense.
I hear that Baye's a leader and a stellar young man. He'll understand.
You should seek immediate psychological help. First for agreeing with Igor on anything related to basketball. Second for sitting a valuable asset on the bench because "He's a leader and a stellar young man. He'll understand".

Rak gets all the time 5 fouls will give him at present. Unless you and Igor can get a waiver from the NCAA, that isn't going to change. Coleman would be a disaster at the end of games at the present time (he's improving but has a long way to go) due to lack of defense and very poor free throw shooting. That leaves an unproven and very young freshman or a seasoned senior that leads both off the court and on the court and doesn't make mistakes in crunch time. I do not understand how using the freshman makes any logical sense what-so-ever. For that matter I don't know how it would even make illogical sense……I'll get back to you on this last thought …..

You knew it was Igor and seem to understand the massive shortcomings of his posts. Rely on this knowledge.

You should seek immediate psychological help. First for agreeing with Igor on anything related to basketball. Second for sitting a valuable asset on the bench because "He's a leader and a stellar young man. He'll understand".

Rak gets all the time 5 fouls will give him at present. Unless you and Igor can get a waiver from the NCAA, that isn't going to change. Coleman would be a disaster at the end of games at the present time (he's improving but has a long way to go) due to lack of defense and very poor free throw shooting. That leaves an unproven and very young freshman or a seasoned senior that leads both off the court and on the court and doesn't make mistakes in crunch time. I do not understand how using the freshman makes any logical sense what-so-ever. For that matter I don't know how it would even make illogical sense……I'll get back to you on this last thought …..

You knew it was Igor and seem to understand the massive shortcomings of his posts. Rely on this knowledge.
Baye will not be out of the rotation he gives us fifteen fouls at the center position. He makes foul shots in crunch time. He plays the best positional defense in crunch time, and he provides greater energy and foot speed than Coleman. Coleman is not that good on either defense or offense as yet, still a work in progress.