I always avoid blaming the refs if possible | Syracusefan.com

I always avoid blaming the refs if possible

jekelish

Living Legend
But holy crap are these refs bad.

I mean this is one of the most horribly officiated games I've seen in a very long time. For instance, can ANYONE watch the replay of the last foul called on Grant and tell me where the actual foul was? That was such a clean block it's absurd.

We are getting hosed. And I typically despise people saying this sort of thing, but holy hell are we ever getting bent over right now.

jekelish said:
But holy crap are these refs bad. I mean this is one of the most horribly officiated games I've seen in a very long time. For instance, can ANYONE watch the replay of the last foul called on Grant and tell me where the actual foul was? That was such a clean block it's absurd. We are getting hosed. And I typically despise people saying this sort of thing, but holy hell are we ever getting bent over right now.

That was a horribly crappy call. Didn't have a problem with the officiating until that call.

The 2nd call on Christmas was garbage as well. And while watching the replay of the backcourt call. Stephens wasn't even looking at the play but he over ruled him. And did anyone see beoheim say fu to stephens

I mean this is one of the most horribly officiated games I've seen in a very long time. For instance, can ANYONE watch the replay of the last foul called on Grant and tell me where the actual foul was? That was such a clean block it's absurd.

We are getting hosed. And I typically despise people saying this sort of thing, but holy hell are we ever getting bent over right now.
Maybe Michael Stevens is wearing off on the other two.

They've allowed way too much connect on the hedge and Christmas' second and Grant's fouls were complete bs.

Holy crap that was terrible. Rak didn't come CLOSE to touching Patterson.

This is such a joke at this point.

The 3rd call on Christmas, he didn't come close to touching him.

And where was the dead ball foul when Fair just got clipped into the photogs?

I'll be honest... I have seen some fouls that were close and maybe should have been called. The ones they are calling though are phantom calls easily

On that travel, I honestly thought it was called on Christmas at first even though he hadnt even been close yet

This is typical Pitt basketball. Constantly riding players who have the ball and non-stop illegal screens on offense. Yet year after year they get away with it. I wish Pitt stayed in the AAC.

I never bitch about the refs. But this is bad.

Somebody that knows the rules of the game please tell me how that's an offensive foul on Cooney please.

I never bitch about the refs. But this is bad.

Somebody that knows the rules of the game please tell me how that's an offensive foul on Cooney please.

And given how you rail against ref complaints, that's saying something.

I just don't understand how pitt CONSISTENTLY gets away with this garbage. They are physical as hell, yet the refs never call anything. But on the other end, they get touch fouls and all types of beneficial calls.

It's a joke.

RF2044 said:
And given how you rail against ref complaints, that's saying something. I just don't understand how pitt CONSISTENTLY gets away with this garbage. They are physical as hell, yet the refs never call anything. But on the other end, they get touch fouls and all types of beneficial calls. It's a joke.

I usually never excuse ref bitching but I can honestly say the only thing worse than this was game 6 Lakers vs Kings.

That steal off of Ennis is a perfect example. Kid gets mugged, no call

Meanwhile, on the other end...

I usually never excuse ref bitching but I can honestly say the only thing worse than this was game 6 Lakers vs Kings.

I know! That's' what I'm saying--for YOU to be expressing this stuff says a lot about how god awful the officiating has been tonight.

And yet, we're still in it.

Time to win the game.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Can we get one illegal screen call for the love of God. Hip check after hip check

Agreed just can't understand how you can slide with the defender while screening and not get called. Year after year they get away with it. Sometimes it is a product of our defenders being last and not trying to get through the screen. Not tonight, Cooney and Ennis have been active as heck tonight.

It was an anticipation call. I don't think they usually see someone with his athleticism.
The "charge" on Cooney at the end was one of the most absurd calls I've seen in a long time.

They blew the whistle before Zanna even had the ball!

Actually, that game made me stop watching NBA basketball!

It's the bad calls that make you lose a game. It's all the non-calls the refs made in Pitts favor with 10 minutes to go!