I always avoid blaming the refs if possible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I always avoid blaming the refs if possible

This is typical Pitt basketball. Constantly riding players who have the ball and non-stop illegal screens on offense. Yet year after year they get away with it. I wish Pitt stayed in the AAC.

Except in the postseason.

Unless they're in the CBI of course.

I've never seen a basketball player get tripped at the 3pt line and get called for a charge. That's got to be an all time up in basketball history.

With that said, the only thing this Syracuse team needs to work on, is defensive rebounding, and we COULD go undefeated. No joke. We are giving up almost 20 offensive rebounds a game to good teams like Pitt and Duke, cut that in half and we win by double digits every night.

That 3 was karma over due. Ennis was drilled on a layup attempt and steal and said nothing. Then he mushroom stamped pitt at the end. Sorry mods couldnt help it.

I'm usually one to take issue with people taking issue with the refs.

But this was just incompetence. Even if you say the calls went both ways (and maybe they did) and in the emotion we missed it... you have to make the exception for moving screens. Pitt had about 134 during the game.

These are not even traditional moving screens where a player moves a leg or body slightly when they realize the screen may not be great. Pitt just get's behind you and simply roll you for about 2 feet every single time. So obvious.

That steal off of Ennis is a perfect example. Kid gets mugged, no call

Meanwhile, on the other end...

And right before that foul occurred the screener on Pitt pretty much turned and just pushed Cooney all the way down the lane...watching Pitt games is hardly ever enjoyable, even if we win because the games are so fugly, but Ennis changed that 2nite!!!!!

Love that kid.

But holy crap are these refs bad.

I mean this is one of the most horribly officiated games I've seen in a very long time. For instance, can ANYONE watch the replay of the last foul called on Grant and tell me where the actual foul was? That was such a clean block it's absurd.

We are getting hosed. And I typically despise people saying this sort of thing, but holy hell are we ever getting bent over right now.
That trend continues, but Ennis shoved it where the sun doesn't shine, on the refs, Dixon, Pittsburgh, and all their lousy crappy fans. I am exhausted...been a long time since I have seen any team, and I stress team here not talent, perceiver though so much that even the lousy calls all game long didn't stop them.

The 2nd call on Christmas was garbage as well. And while watching the replay of the backcourt call. Stephens wasn't even looking at the play but he over ruled him. And did anyone see beoheim say fu to stephens
Then one possession later that ball went out of bounds on an obvious call, and I perceived JB taunting Stephens "What about that one?" Then smirking. I think he knew that hit MG's shorts.

total ineptitude from the refs tonight. same as it ever was, really.

but like Sheed says, "ball don't lie"

LennX6 said:
Then one possession later that ball went out of bounds on an obvious call, and I perceived JB taunting Stephens "What about that one?" Then smirking. I think he knew that hit MG's shorts.

I thought the same thing.

This and the OSU game are the only two I can honestly remember where I really thought the fix was in.

Maybe Michael Stevens is wearing off on the other two.

They've allowed way too much connect on the hedge and Christmas' second and Grant's fouls were complete bs.

I considered moving Michael Stephens into my top 3 after the last game at the Dome. Tonight sealed the deal.

Hess
Burr
Stephens

I'd hazard the guess none of you dawgs had the same look at it as the refs ... just pointing that out ...

This was the worst officiated half I have ever seen. Ohio st was the worst officiated game. But in one half I havent seen that many one sided or missed calls ever. Unreal
Worst call was the charge on Trish at the Michigan game that ultimately changed the game and what was known as a charge! The league has us to thank for that and maybe its time for some payback. The OSU game was tops the worst officiated and one sided called affair I have ever watched.

That foul on zana with 4.4 seconds was an absolute disgrace. I was praying that Pitt would shoot a jumper cuz i knew the refs would call a phantom foul on us if they got it inside.

Van111 said:
Worst call was the charge on Trish at the Michigan game that ultimately changed the game and what was known as a charge! The league has us to thank for that and maybe its time for some payback. The OSU game was tops the worst officiated and one sided called affair I have ever watched.

The OSU game was a natural by product of the Fine stuff from earlier in the year. I will go to my grave believing some puke from the NCAA told the refs to call it the way it was called. They wanted no part of JB and Fine in the Final Four.

my favorite example of incompetence was the sequence in the 2nd half where Grant got body blocked in the lane as he was putting up his shot, lost and regained control of the ball, then was hit in the face on the 2nd attempt and no whistle.

That foul on zana with 4.4 seconds was an absolute disgrace. I was praying that Pitt would shoot a jumper cuz i knew the refs would call a phantom foul on us if they got it inside.

There were too many phantom calls to count last night and I flipped when they called that foul with 4.4 seconds left but watching the replay, it looked like Christmas hit his arm and got it pretty good. Other fouls though I watched the replay and there was nothing. Even 1 where we were called for the hack and Christmas or Grant (don't remember which one) was 4 or 5 inches away from any contact at all.

There were too many phantom calls to count last night and I flipped when they called that foul with 4.4 seconds left but watching the replay, it looked like Christmas hit his arm and got it pretty good. Other fouls though I watched the replay and there was nothing. Even 1 where we were called for the hack and Christmas or Grant (don't remember which one) was 4 or 5 inches away from any contact at all.

I was the same way on the foul with 4.4 seconds. I didn't think so live, but thought it was a foul on the replay.

Dave85 said:
Actually, that game made me stop watching NBA basketball!

I stopped watching it then as well up until I was living in South Florida and Lebron went to the Heat. I really enjoy good basketball and the Kings played my favorite kind and I was a big supporter of there's. Same reason I love watching he Heat so much. I've been watching a lot of 6ers games lately because of MCW and they're growing on me real quick. I'm really starting to enjoy the NBA again after a 7-8 hiatus of wanting nothing to do with their product.