I am actually encouraged for the post season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am actually encouraged for the post season

By Syracuse standards, I see one good regular season listed here. "Good" means top 4 ACC and/or top 4 NCAA seed.

I see a Final Four, Sweet 16, 25-0, a waste year where we still got 18 wins, and a year where we learned that grad transfers and attempting to showcase kids out of position really aren't our thing.

The poster who just popped up here makes us sound like St John's.

I see a Final Four, Sweet 16, 25-0, a waste year where we still got 18 wins, and a year where we learned that grad transfers and attempting to showcase kids out of position really aren't our thing.

And some of our most exciting games were in that grad transfer year

Our defense against UNC was actually pretty decent.
Their shooting %'s were lower than normal, and Maye and Little both were mostly held in check.
White was White Hot en fuego, and sometimes that just happens, regardless of how well you do or don't play D.

We could have survived that, except...

They got to the line a LOT, and they made almost all of them.
We got there half as much, and only hit half of the freebies.
THAT was the game.

Oh, and rebounding - we pull down even just a few more, and it's a totally different story last night.

Yeah the rebounding is a serious issue, too. Duke and UNC have crushed us on their offensive glass in these last two games. That's a major red flag right there. I'd hate to run into an LSU. They hit the offensive glass like crazed dogs.

Yeah, I know you have to consider sanctions when evaluating the ACC era, and the tournament runs have been great. I just mean that winning 2-4 games in the NCAAs doesn't erase 10-14 loss regular seasons, which are a rarity around here.

Yeah, I know you have to consider sanctions when evaluating the ACC era, and the tournament runs have been great. I just mean that winning 2-4 games in the NCAAs doesn't erase 10-14 loss regular seasons, which are a rarity around here.

I hear you. We seem to lose to a couple of bottom feeder types here that we almost never did in the BE.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if our defense looks better and offense looks smoother, OOC, in the tourney.

These regular seasons are getting old, but if we get in, I would almost expect them to win a couple games and possibly go on a run.
Yeah, this is a different team since the week off before Louisville. We should be going into the tournament with a quiet confidence, regardless of seed.

Fans should look at our last seven or eight tournament appearances and who we lost to.

I hear you. We seem to lose to a couple of bottom feeder types here that we almost never did in the BE.

LOL. DePaul game, anyone? :rolleyes:

Louisville, Duke, UNC. Played hard. Played well. Total hose job by refs at UNC, and some made FTs for us and unlucky bounces against, and we are there all the way to the end, against a likely Elite 8 or better team. Same with Duke.
Take care of Clemson and Wake, get one in the ACCT, and Sweet 16 is highly doable.

we just gotta get there

How about we just win the damn title again. That will shut people up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom