I am to the point that I simply cannot stomach College Basketball anymore | Syracusefan.com

I am to the point that I simply cannot stomach College Basketball anymore

Zepharus

Starter
Look, there were lots of opportunities to win and some putrid Offense on display here

BUT

The officials should all be fired. Like now. That Call on Brisset was an AND ONE but at the least a no call. you cannot call a charge there... lets not even talk about the call on Dolejai. Also .3?!!!? It was .8 and at a min .5

HOSED and JB knows it

the question on the last play is whether he touched out of bounds, if not then its when he lands.

i wasnt saying when he landed. the question was did they review where he took off, if he took off OB and then touched it the clock stops when he touches it not when he lands. i dont think he landed before .5 but they never showed a replay of where he took off from

JB should be way more concerned that his entire offense combined for 9 assists in a 45 minute game.
No. I'm tired of these reminders to be the better party. The officiating was maddening.

There's a reason why I watch a lot of NBA these days and never watch any college basketball outside of our games.

Honestly, if we ended up winning, I am sure Bonnie fans would have a heart attack about that ball that probably went off Mareks knee but was given to us. These are bang-bang 50/50 calls. You get some, and you don't get some.

Our top three players went 12-47 tonight. That's why we lost.

JB should be way more concerned that his entire offense combined for 9 assists in a 45 minute game.
Key word "HIS". It bad and it has been for a long time. The charge play (that was a charge) was the perfect example of how inefficient the offense is. People get mad at Frank, other players, etc but NO ONE is set up for success in this offense.

No. I'm tired of these reminders to be the better party. The officiating was maddening.

There's a reason why I watch a lot of NBA these days and never watch any college basketball outside of our games.

Agreed. Every rule is biased toward the defense in college. That’s why we ended up with that abomination of a title game between UConn and Butler a few years back.

Last edited:

Not as maddening as our offense IMO. Stand around the perimeter and watch for some high ball screens with seemingly no intent to ever even look to pass to the screener. Drives me nuts particularly on nights when we have a size advantage like tonight.

Either way...we missed a layup in regulation AND there was bad officiating AND there was bad offense. Can't win with that combination.

44cuse

Honestly, if we ended up winning, I am sure Bonnie fans would have a heart attack about that ball that probably went off Mareks knee but was given to us. These are bang-bang 50/50 calls. You get some, and you don't get some.

Charges aren’t usually bang bang calls. There’s something fundamentally wrong with how that call is officiated.

Not as maddening as our offense IMO. Stand around the perimeter and watch for some high ball screens with seemingly no intent to ever even look to pass to the screener. Drives me nuts particularly on nights when we have a size advantage like tonight.

Either way...we missed a layup in regulation AND there was bad officiating AND there was bad offense. Can't win with that combination.

44cuse
I've accepted that our offense is terrible.

I can't accept that officiating is terrible.

Look, there were lots of opportunities to win and some putrid Offense on display here

BUT

The officials should all be fired. Like now. That Call on Brisset was an AND ONE but at the least a no call. you cannot call a charge there... lets not even talk about the call on Dolejai. Also .3?!!!? It was .8 and at a min .5

HOSED and JB knows it

I feel the same way, not just about college basketball but most sports nowadays. Officiating is ridiculously poor in NCAA basketball. I'm not interested in watching idiot refs decide games. It's probably fixed to begin with. :( The NFL can't even figure out what a catch is anymore. Not that I've watched a game since the dumbasses turned the game into a political football anyway, but still. I lost interest in the NBA because the Knicks have been a disaster for decades now. I'm packing my bags, moving to Canada and becoming a curling fan. Where's my broom?

Damn difficult to get an assist when nobody can put the ball in the basket.

After getting League Pass the last two years, it's almost impossible to watch college basketball (even though my season tickets say otherwise). There is so much ridiculous talent in the NBA and every single night there's someone or something worth watching.

I hear what you are saying but I could not see how the ball changed spin or direction that would have happened if it hit Marek's knee. At best, no way was there enough evidence to overtirn the call. Bottom line, like you say, we were doomed when our "big three" were all off. Hats off to Dolezaj for doing the job he did to keep us in the game.

I've accepted that our offense is terrible.

I can't accept that officiating is terrible.

Yep. Nothing to say that. You're dead on right. Wish I had reached that point sooner (like years ago).

I stand corrected on my original response to you. Or maybe not corrected, but at least brought forward.

44cuse

After getting League Pass the last two years, it's almost impossible to watch college basketball (even though my season tickets say otherwise). There is so much ridiculous talent in the NBA and every single night there's someone or something worth watching.

This has nothing to do with this thread (so one of three things will happen: 1) I'll get put in slow mode, 2) the thread will be locked, or 3) someone will post saying move it to the off-topic forum), but this same statement would have been met with vitriol on this forum 3-4 years ago. Unless it was a narrow bunch of posters, you'd be dealing with a plethora of "the NBA sucks" posts right now.

Just means you're likely right, so don't sweat it.

44cuse

This has nothing to do with this thread (so one of three things will happen: 1) I'll get put in slow mode, 2) the thread will be locked, or 3) someone will post saying move it to the off-topic forum), but this same statement would have been met with vitriol on this forum 3-4 years ago. Unless it was a narrow bunch of posters, you'd be dealing with a plethora of "the NBA sucks" posts right now.

Just means you're likely right, so don't sweat it.

44cuse

and lol on what you wrote before that about slow mode. I was wondering my my posts dont show up until the conversation is over, usually. Is that what it's called?

odd(this post), as soon as i go say it, one shows up immediately like they all should(and suddenly I'm bitter about that). Tell me more about this slow mode. It sounds like me, after the sufficient amount of alcohol!

Last edited:

BUT

HOSED and JB knows it

I hear what you are saying. I really do. However I will go out on a limb and say that I watch alot of NBA and college games and many of the problems that arise with college games lacking entertainment value are frankly Syracuse specific. Just turn on a random game once in a while and watch how other teams move the ball around. Much more fluid and free flowing.

Syracuse games are not only ugly from our own offensive standpoint, but we tend to drag the other team into the muck with us , if we are successful.

I say this as a Syracuse fan, but I am honest with myself.. We play ugly ball and the way we win is making the opposition play uglier.