I can’t believe we lost again. We are terrible. 0-18 here we come. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I can’t believe we lost again. We are terrible. 0-18 here we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will you feel tomorrow if we get boat races caused we don’t sub? Just curious
Take the long view, my friend, and be cognizant of history. That's the message. If one chooses to live and die with each half of basketball and make ridiculous pronouncements, the whole fan experience can get pretty miserable.

CUSE played with "purpose" in the first half and led by 17.
And the 2nd...? Couldn't sustain that effort.
I'm not happy losing by double digits to Colgate and VCU
if that is what "competitive" means.

CUSE played with "purpose" in the first half and led by 17.
And the 2nd...? Couldn't sustain that effort.
I'm not happy losing by double digits to Colgate and VCU
if that is what "competitive" means.
And if they played with "purpose" in the second half and won by 34, people would say ASU sucked. If the expectation is that this team dominates every half of basketball they play, a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Winning games and getting better over time, with Jesse and Benny becoming consistent contributors, should be the goal.

So you also foresaw getting 20-30 points out of the 5 and how this is going to blow the offense up over the top?
You apparently foresee this?
20-30ppg from Edwards going forward?
Understand "the 5", but Anselem unlikely to add many ppg.

"Nostradamus" if yes, and correct!
Jesse Fanboy - loved seeing him show swagger and have fun as much as the production.

So do i, but moron fans who make think they’re experts because they are on Twitter or have a blog need to be called out.
What is Jekelish saying?

Nunes morons made that site unreadable after Keeley went to Awful Announcing?

Jekelish is no expert that is sure as I said his entire credibility was flushed down the toilet when he went all in for Scott Shafer.

This thread is getting a nice scrubbing anyway. Our problem is the standards of the program. We haven’t been relevant one iota nationally during the regular season. We have won games in March but that is plucky overachieving stuff.

You apparently foresee this?
20-30ppg from Edwards going forward?
Understand "the 5", but Anselem unlikely to add many ppg.

"Nostradamus" if yes, and correct!
Jesse Fanboy - loved seeing him show swagger and have fun as much as the production.
Yes he has has great hands and balance and finishes very good, he is a bonafide point scoring center. He also shoots short jumpers well. But what I was saying to the poster was his narrative is out the window with Jesse exploding like this and he needs to give up the deadpan take.

Ok - so coming back from obscurity for a quick post because there are some things being missed here.

1- We now have been plus 5 and plus 10 rebounding so far at Atlantis. Pressure defense, like the zone lends itself to to allowing rebounds especially offensive rebounds. Our size is getting us more possessions. It's something we can use to counter the likely ball pressure teams will deploy given our glaring weakness here.

2a- Colgate will be a Q3 loss- VCU probably a Q2.

2b. ASU is both a good win and it's laughable they are being called a bad team. They brought in 4 guard transfers who were double digit scorers last year. They are experienced and deep. They have shooters all over the court as well despite their early returns being poor. Teams loaded with guards who can score and play aggressive defense will win games especially given it's the smarter Hurley brother coaching them. Also they were picked 5th in the PAC 12- might we be reminded how much that conference was underrated last year.

3- Cole finally looked like the guy we need all around.

4- Jesse has arrived. The post touches and scoring is a big development for him and how teams defend us. For us to have a good year despite the struggles so far he has to be a bigger piece

5- No idea what to make of Benny and Symir. I think that the crazy schedule is proving to be a hindrance to getting them going. Benny I hope keeps working hard. Call me crazy but I think it does us better for both of them to get some legit run and production vs Auburn even more so than getting a win. If we can beat the Hoyas and Indiana then Nova becomes the biggest non conference game. ASU as I noted should serve us well.

6- My last thought is one I'm not even convinced about but I think we need to play Frank more and do so leaving him somewhat on an island to use up fouls or make plays while our guys stick with shooters. There is zero value in the guards collapsing on the pass into the FT line. We can't recover fast enough. Let our 5 man play 1v1 and guard the perimeter. For this reason alone getting BS back could be really valuable to have a three headed center.

Yeah, the whole “we collapse on the center, who then kicks it out for a wide open 3” -
is exactly how Pitino’s Llvll teams used to eviscerate the zone.

Have Jesse play their center straight up. Nobody leaves their man.

IF he can hit the foul line J consistently, you kinda hafta live with that, since 2’s hurt less than 3’s.

But - you need to MAKE HIM PROVE he’s a threat to score there, consistently, rather than having teammate crash down to double, which inevitably leaves somebody else wiiiide open.

What is Jekelish saying?

Nunes morons made that site unreadable after Keeley went to Awful Announcing?

Jekelish is no expert that is sure as I said his entire credibility was flushed down the toilet when he went all in for Scott Shafer.
Yeah I can’t stand either tbh. At least Nunes has a local who actually attends games doing most of the coverage for Nunes unlike when it was their editor stationed in LA.

People who always say we won’t finish .500 when we immediately lose shouldn’t have blogs. That’s what he did. It’s a take meant for Briancuse on this board.

Of course people don’t remember anything they posted longer than 5 minutes ago so it’s a hopeless exercise.

Seton Hall Has been a 8,9,10 seed in the past 5 years and would have likely been a 3 /4 seed in 2020. Overall this is better than we have accomplished in those 5 years in the regular season. We would have had 2 misses if 2020 had been played and nothing above an 8 seed.

is it that much different… in the same tier perhaps, so you could say nearly at par when you consider tourney results. But they have not been compared to us.

I know we have had more recent tourney success, but I view the sequence of regular seasons as typically a better indicator of the current program heapth. So can’t only focus on the tourney results.

UConn has not even been at our modest level since their 2014 title. That is correct.
Seton Hall did not make the tournament last year. In our season last year we matched how many tournament games they have won this millennium. That has to count for something.

After the two exhibition games I posted my feelings on this team, that they would be a bubble team plus or minus a couple games, for me that hasn't chanced. Gun to my head, if I had to lean one way or the other at this very early point in the season I would go with the latter and say we miss the tournament. To many warts on this team right now for me to think otherwise. Hope im wrong and there is a long season still a head. These next two games are going to go a long way in determining the chances we have moving forward.

And if they played with "purpose" in the second half and won by 34, people would say ASU sucked. If the expectation is that this team dominates every half of basketball they play, a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Winning games and getting better over time, with Jesse and Benny becoming consistent contributors, should be the goal.
Not NEARLY what I am saying......
Solid teams win halves/tie halves.
ASU I'm not familiar with.
But what is going to happen when this team takes 20 minutes off against Wake Forest or NC State.
These are types of teams CUSe needs to beat to get an NCAA berth in the Big Dance. If they start getting into a rut where the intensity/effort wanes...the team concentration lacks focus, will CUSE reach 20 wins?

Glad to see Cole Swider stroking 3s...he was pressing/playing tight.

Not NEARLY what I am saying...
Solid teams win halves/tie halves.
ASU I'm not familiar with.
But what is going to happen when this team takes 20 minutes off against Wake Forest or NC State.
These are types of teams CUSe needs to beat to get an NCAA berth in the Big Dance. If they start getting into a rut where the intensity/effort wanes...the team concentration lacks focus, will CUSE reach 20 wins?

Glad to see Cole Swider stroking 3s...he was pressing/playing tight.
They didn't take 20 minutes off. ASU ate into their lead, but never got closer than six points, I believe. That's basketball.

What needs to happen for us to break the pressure on the PG bringing the ball up? Is having other teammates bring it up the solution? Isn't Joe a QB can be throw long passes to someone in the front court to pull the pressure back?

Is the only way to win in JB's mind to play the starting five close to 30 minutes? If so then they will run out of steam in the 2nd half with the bench not happy. Sure hate to see Frank, Symir and especially Benny riding the pine with little contribution. Are they back to "proving they can contribute in practice" mode?

I don't get why Symir can't make layups. Is it a mental thing?

How soon till CDB is ready to play?

Is Frank a center or a forward?

Why did we not use up all the scholarship available?

What needs to happen for us to break the pressure on the PG bringing the ball up? Is having other teammates bring it up the solution? Isn't Joe a QB can be throw long passes to someone in the front court to pull the pressure back?

Is the only way to win in JB's mind to play the starting five close to 30 minutes? If so then they will run out of steam in the 2nd half with the bench not happy. Sure hate to see Frank, Symir and especially Benny riding the pine with little contribution. Are they back to "proving they can contribute in practice" mode?

I saw Sidibe walking around in the background...looked like he had some sort of brace on a knee under some sweats...

I think most ppl are more upset with JB then the players. Both roster construction and substitutions. Especially when ppl ask questions and his response is….you are short and know nothing.
I constantly find myself looking at mid majors having players that I WISH we had...

The lack of even average ball handlers on this team really is astounding. It’s probably the biggest downfall of Kadary transferring.

The lack of even average ball handlers on this team really is astounding. It’s probably the biggest downfall of Kadary transferring.

When inbounding can we just have a few guys run as fast as they can to the other side then throw long passes to the other side for easy transitions? DC used to throw that to Stevie during our days when rollie's Nova had this whole team staying back for offensive rebounding.

team "I'm not familiar with" WE SHOULD HAVE EXPANDED OUR 18PT HALFTIME LEAD OVER AND BEAT BY AT LEAST 30
Yeah baaayby..THAT's the spirit...
Or how about extend the lead to 24..put Torrence , Anselem and Benny in for some meaningful run.

Yeah baaayby..THAT's the spirit...
Or how about extend the lead to 24..put Torrence , Anselem and Benny in for some meaningful run.
Nothing like meaningful run in a one-sided game, ya know?

I never said we were anything great. I said we would be competitive. Fans that threw in the towel after 4 games are morons. Fight me.
Some of these morons are only fans of their own opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom