I can't believe an NFL team hired from the marrone coaching tree | Syracusefan.com

I can't believe an NFL team hired from the marrone coaching tree

Millhouse

Living Legend
I appreciate what Hackett did in 2012 by winning two more games than we already have but I can't believe he's a head coach and I can't believe I'm sitting here watching it

That punt muff What a fitting and stupid way to end this shartshow

Listened to four different radio shows this morning and all four put the blame on Russ. From what they say film clearly shows Russ is just missing open guys.

he was the OC at Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers and arguably best receiver in the NFL. he also did not call the plays. Glad he got the big contract but he's definitely 1 and done. Russ has been horrible and has done him zero favors but it's much easier to get rid of Hackett and the new ownership won't hesitate either.

Lets GO! Bronco Country

Russell Wilson has to be one of the most overrated QBs out there right now. $258 mil and stripping the cupboards for that guy was a colossal mistake.

I like Hackett. He‘s had a good track record in the NFL. The in-game coaching decisions have been baffling. He needs to surround himself with elite game managers and strategic assistants. This isn’t the Big East.

They will figure it out IMHO.

I appreciate what Hackett did in 2012 by winning two more games than we already have but I can't believe he's a head coach and I can't believe I'm sitting here watching it

That punt muff What a fitting and stupid way to end this shartshow
Yeah, Hackett's got to have better hands and catch that...:rolleyes:

he was the OC at Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers and arguably best receiver in the NFL. he also did not call the plays. Glad he got the big contract but he's definitely 1 and done. Russ has been horrible and has done him zero favors but it's much easier to get rid of Hackett and the new ownership won't hesitate either.

Lets GO! Bronco Country
I'm happy for Geno Smith. Getting drafted by the jets sets QBs back so far.

Russell Wilson has to be one of the most overrated QBs out there right now. $258 mil and stripping the cupboards for that guy was a colossal mistake.

I like Hackett. He‘s had a good track record in the NFL. The in-game coaching decisions have been baffling. He needs to surround himself with elite game managers and strategic assistants. This isn’t the Big East.

They will figure it out IMHO.
Wilson's whipped. He's not running like he used to.

I'm happy for Geno Smith. Getting drafted by the jets sets QBs back so far.

One of my friends is a DIII college football coach; he said for years that Russ was a very limited QB and the Seahawks coaches did a great job playing to his strengths and masking his weaknesses. One specific comment was he always missed a ton of open guys; a lot of the “broken play” scrambling around and making something happen in Seattle started with Russ not throwing when he should have. Seeing how Russ is doing now, along with how Gino is doing…maybe the Seahawks just know how to maximize the strengths of their QB. And knew Russ wasn’t close to being worth what he was demanding.

2012 felt like Syracuse left a lot of meat on the bone, but got better offensively as the year went on. I think Hackett and his staff could improve a lot in the second half of this season, although by the time they figure out how to use Russ the team may have already mentally checked out and it won’t yield on-the-field results anyway.

Hackett did make Bortles look like a decent NFL QB…but this Broncos thing is a mess.

Seems like Russ has just mailed it in. He is really not seeing the field. Missing blitzes and simple coverages like a rookie would at this point.

No clue what’s going on, but it’s kind of entertaining…Broncos country, let’s ride!

One of my friends is a DIII college football coach; he said for years that Russ was a very limited QB and the Seahawks coaches did a great job playing to his strengths and masking his weaknesses. One specific comment was he always missed a ton of open guys; a lot of the “broken play” scrambling around and making something happen in Seattle started with Russ not throwing when he should have. Seeing how Russ is doing now, along with how Gino is doing…maybe the Seahawks just know how to maximize the strengths of their QB. And knew Russ wasn’t close to being worth what he was demanding.

2012 felt like Syracuse left a lot of meat on the bone, but got better offensively as the year went on. I think Hackett and his staff could improve a lot in the second half of this season, although by the time they figure out how to use Russ the team may have already mentally checked out and it won’t yield on-the-field results anyway.
Good analysis. Certainly seems that way.

Hackett is a good coach but good coaches don't always succeed.

Lets GO! Bronco Country
As a fellow Bronco fan, I was realistic going into the season trying not to have too high expectations. This is a real mess all around and is way worse than I thought. I’m happy for the way the defense has showed up (except for all of the DPI penalties), but had no idea the other phases of the game would be this bad.