I decided to suffer through another viewing of the Rhode Island game and in defense of the team. | Syracusefan.com

I decided to suffer through another viewing of the Rhode Island game and in defense of the team.

CaliCuse

All American
RI made two atypical/spectacular catches in the third period laying out on the sideline and one in the endzone. Nothing except better pressure on the QB is going to prevent that from happening on occasion. Admittedly pressur on their QB could and should have been better but without Chandler its tough. I'm notsure that red-shirting Donnie Simmons is a good idea at this point. We can use his speed around the Opposition O-line now. On top of that we have some quality kids coming in next year to extend the depth Put Simmons in now and lets see if he can put a squeeze on the Trojans. No pun intended. I admit that was too easy.:rolling:

RI made two atypical/spectacular catches in the third period laying out on the sideline and one in the endzone. Nothing except better pressure on the QB is going to prevent that from happening on occasion. Admittedly pressur on their QB could and should have been better but without Chandler its tough. I'm notsure that red-shirting Donnie Simmons is a good idea at this point. We can use his speed around the Opposition O-line now. On top of that we have some quality kids coming in next year to extend the depth Put Simmons in now and lets see if he can put a squeeze on the Trojans. No pun intended. I admit that was too easy.:rolling:

Agree that we need more pressure off the edge, but unless Simmons is immediately better than Sharpe, who's probably the best pure pass rusher on the team, it's not worth burning the shirt.

He'll be much more valuable in 2015 then in 2011.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.035191,-76.123025

Agree that we need more pressure off the edge, but unless Simmons is immediately better than Sharpe, who's probably the best pure pass rusher on the team, it's not worth burning the shirt.

He'll be much more valuable in 2015 then in 2011. Simmons was said to be a high quality kid that would have given Ishaq Williams a run for his money had he come here. That and his speed says "burn baby burn":cool:

---

He'll be much more valuable in 2015 then in 2011.

---

Good point about 2015. He may well be a beast by then but this year I'm not sure he's big enough to contribute.

Plus with all the concern that has been stated about the lack of size for our front 7, I'm not sure playing a Frosh DE that is roughly the same size as our LB's would be beneficial to the cause.

I always trust that the coaching staff knows far more than I do about evaluating their players. Even though I'd too like to see Simmons, I'm sure there is a reason we are not. Same goes for AAM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom