I do have to say I am proud of my kid's football team | Syracusefan.com

I do have to say I am proud of my kid's football team

retro44

Living Legend
Marcellus Mustangs for raising well over $4,000 in a little over a week in T-Shirt sales for the Wounded Warrior Project. The team picked the wounded warriors as their cause this year.

The 28 players sold a huge amount of T-Shirts to make this happen.

Coach Fiachi helped me tremendously as a young player. Although it's to the benefit of Marcellus, it's a shame he's no longer coaching at my alma mater. Was always a tremendous fund raiser.

What a great cause, congratulations.

Coach Fiachi helped me tremendously as a young player. Although it's to the benefit of Marcellus, it's a shame he's no longer coaching at my alma mater. Was always a tremendous fund raiser.

What a great cause, congratulations.
Henninger or Canastota? I an '81 Henn. Grad.

I'm very found of Marcellus as well, they gave me the opportunity to watch one of my teammates rush for 569 yards in a sectional game. Man, what a fond memory... All joking aside, thats really awesome, thats a good chunk of change. Things like these, are what sports great.

I wish I could find the auburn pub write up for my last high school football game ever.

Back in 2004, a potentially great season got derailed because of injuries for us at Port Byron. We missed out on sectionals and got placed against Marcellus in our inter-sectional game - that last game of my career. Port Byron had a roster of 28 people, while Marcellus had a roster in the 60s. A back and forth contest the entire game saw Marcellus pull out a win in the last minute of the game. I was playing Noseguard and Left Tackle at the time. this was when I was still around 330 lbs. I had around 18 tackles playing the 0 and 1 technique. I can still remember plays from that game. I enjoyed Marcellus's coach. He was fiery but very complimentary and seemed to love the game. Sadly, after that 2005 class graduated at PB, they've lost a lot of athletes. Very sad.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/footb...t-byron/10-22-2004-si9RvS0y80qcfP58u7T4SA.htm

I wish I could find the auburn pub write up for my last high school football game ever.

Back in 2004, a potentially great season got derailed because of injuries for us at Port Byron. We missed out on sectionals and got placed against Marcellus in our inter-sectional game - that last game of my career. Port Byron had a roster of 28 people, while Marcellus had a roster in the 60s. A back and forth contest the entire game saw Marcellus pull out a win in the last minute of the game. I was playing Noseguard and Left Tackle at the time. this was when I was still around 330 lbs. I had around 18 tackles playing the 0 and 1 technique. I can still remember plays from that game. I enjoyed Marcellus's coach. He was fiery but very complimentary and seemed to love the game. Sadly, after that 2005 class graduated at PB, they've lost a lot of athletes. Very sad.

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/footb...t-byron/10-22-2004-si9RvS0y80qcfP58u7T4SA.htm
Sounds like they brought up their whole J.V. roster for that game as they had a regular season roster of 34 players. They always bring up J.V. players every year at the end just to experience varsity traditions.