I don’t follow recruiting can someone please tell me How many OL commits we have gotten the last 2 years? | Syracusefan.com

I don’t follow recruiting can someone please tell me How many OL commits we have gotten the last 2 years?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Thanks.
I want to see if this starting OL are all veterans or if we have started incorporating the young kids.

I know the RT is a grad transfer from South Alabama so he is a Senior.

P Davis
D Davis

Q White
C Vettorello
W Froumy

M Bergeron
D Tisdale (JUCO)
A Red
R Alexander (Grad)
So we got some guys RS developing.

That’s good. Vettorello, Alexander have struggled.
Not sure I have seen the Davis boys.
White has upside.
Bergeron looked solid in games we won.

White has upside.
Vettorello has some good upside but is clearly in over his head
Davis boys are big boys and D Davis has looked good at times this year
White needs to hit the weight room a bit more just from the look test of him, they did move in to guard at the spring game
Bergeron I believe has huge upside

White has upside.

Dakota Davis has started at guard (RG, I think).

It's just a band aid though. At some point we have to develop lineman. They probably shouldn't play until their 3rd or even 4th year.

Which is next year for the Davis boys

It's just a band aid though. At some point we have to develop lineman. They probably shouldn't play until their 3rd or even 4th year.

This is a really good point. Dino took over in 2016. Ideally your starting offensive linemen now would have been freshman or redshirt freshman in 2016. This was Evan Adams and Airon Servais. These two only who made it through. So I would say it’s the current staffs misses on prospects to date.

Take a look at most of the games this weekend. Most teams have o linemen who are redshirt juniors and seniors. Just look back to last year- we had Conway, Roberts, and Martin as seniors or redshirt seniors. Adams as a redshirt junior then Servais a redshirt sophomore. This year you have a redshirt freshman playing left tackle!!! I think the talent on the line is there. It just needs a year or two.

What they need to do this year is find someone who can play center and get Servais over to left tackle.

This is a really good point. Dino took over in 2016. Ideally your starting offensive linemen now would have been freshman or redshirt freshman in 2016. This was Evan Adams and Airon Servais. These two only who made it through. So I would say it’s the current staffs misses on prospects to date.

Take a look at most of the games this weekend. Most teams have o linemen who are redshirt juniors and seniors. Just look back to last year- we had Conway, Roberts, and Martin as seniors or redshirt seniors. Adams as a redshirt junior then Servais a redshirt sophomore. This year you have a redshirt freshman playing left tackle!!! I think the talent on the line is there. It just needs a year or two.

What they need to do this year is find someone who can play center and get Servais over to left tackle.

Duerig played last night. Wasn't he a center?

Duerig played last night. Wasn't he a center?

He was/is. Not sure what the deal is- maybe he can’t shotgun snap or something.

At this point I would even favor exclusively going under center if it got is a serviceable center.

Did we just do the NFL "take the best available talent" move when we missed on OL/DL recruits? We have too many at safety, and should have at least 4 more DLs. And I mean even if they are just bodies with a pulse like Grosvenor/Harper types...

. . .
There is a rumor that Servais can play L-OT. In fact, he has started at center for 2 and 1/2 seasons, with the exception of part of the Liberty game before Heckel went out. So less than half a game and only part of the Spring or August practices. Not sure we have a replacement center. Would not hurt to shake things up but being realistic, what do we have in reserve?

There is a rumor that Servais can play L-OT. In fact, he has started at center for 2 and 1/2 seasons, with the exception of part of the Liberty game before Heckel went out. So less than half a game and only part of the Spring or August practices. Not sure we have a replacement center. Would not hurt to shake things up but being realistic, what do we have in reserve?
Servais looks different this season though; in fact, he's looked different since Spring. His body looked like a man retiring from College football and moving on into investment banking or something. Like he wanted to lose 50 pounds or something. Lower body was down right scrawny...