I don’t get some of you people | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I don’t get some of you people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t remember Jim being ‘trashed’ by the local media. But he certainly has blown some things greatly out of proportion over the years...’not 10 f’in games’...his record against Louisville being called into question.

He has been a bully to some of media folks...that is undeniable. He is a good man and should be above this behavior. It’s not how high character people behave.

JB probably one of the top 10 college basketball coaches of all time, yes he makes a mistake sometimes, but because of the success of the program for over 40 years he has brought a ton of joy to upstate NY, which I am happy to say I left long ago. He’s human, not perfect, but a damn good coach, and a really generous person who does not deserve to get bashed for every mistake he may make.

d12.jpg

JB probably one of the top 10 college basketball coaches of all time, yes he makes a mistake sometimes, but because of the success of the program for over 40 years he has brought a ton of joy to upstate NY, which I am happy to say I left long ago. He’s human, not perfect, but a damn good coach, and a really generous person who does not deserve to get bashed for every mistake he may make.

Lot going on here

I can’t remember Jim being ‘trashed’ by the local media. But he certainly has blown some things greatly out of proportion over the years...’not 10 ’in games’...his record against Louisville being called into question.

He has been a bully to some of media folks...that is undeniable. He is a good man and should be above this behavior. It’s not how high character people behave.

The local media, specifically the Post Standard, went after him with the first NCAA trouble. IDK if that was a turning point, but it was a seminal moment in local media relations for JB.

Lets be honest, the guy is elderly. Its natural to get cranky at that age. To me, id be more worried if he was getting soft or if he was running across the court out of fear of crapping his pants like joepa. I
Hey, I'm 71, and my wife says I've mellowed.

I bet your wife would say you've mellowed since you retired. That's probably the main difference.

I know my dad has since he retired. My mom would probably say too much. She has trouble getting his butt in gear at times :rolling:

I know my dad has since he retired. My mom would probably say too much. She has trouble getting his butt in gear at times :rolling:

My dad is the same. Totally eating into my mother's free time.

His press conference was perfectly fine. The snowflake crowd around here is a bitter crew.

The business about Moyer was nothing at all. nothing. the sensitive one above having a tizzy about it is funny.

And JB's sarcasm with the reporters is usually justified. They largely ask idiotic questions. The question about small guards being quicker was pure gold. What I find amusing is that when JB calls them out on their dumb questions they don't know how to rephrase the question in an intelligent way. It seems that most of these reporters don't know anything about the game they're supposed to cover. It's like those 3 jeopardy contestants who couldn't answer one football question.

Last edited:
Dont take this the wrong way, but i wouldnt want you coaching my basketball team.

Don't take this wrong but I wonder if he'd want you as a player on his team? :)

Let’s be honest here. There’s no job out there where it’s acceptable to publicly act the way Jim Boeheim acts to the media. And if it was any other person in any other the job or any other coach the same people who are saying “oh well, the media deserves it they’re idiots” would be doing a 180.

If I acted at my job the way JB acts to the media I would reprimanded or fired. Or I would be out of business because, amazingly, no way anyone wants to interact with some who treats them like an a-hole.

And no, I don’t want to fire JB. I don’t even want him to retire. I love the guy and I love what he has done for Syracuse basketball and the community. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think he conducts himself like an unprofessional during PCs.

Let’s be honest here. There’s no job out there where it’s acceptable to publicly act the way Jim Boeheim acts to the media. And if it was any other person in any other the job or any other coach the same people who are saying “oh well, the media deserves it they’re idiots” would be doing a 180.

If I acted at my job the way JB acts to the media I would reprimanded or fired. Or I would be out of business because, amazingly, no way anyone wants to interact with some who treats them like an a-hole.

And no, I don’t want to fire JB. I don’t even want him to retire. I love the guy and I love what he has done for Syracuse basketball and the community. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think he conducts himself like an unprofessional during PCs.

scandalous.jpg

His press conference was perfectly fine. The snowflake crowd around here is a bitter crew.

The business about Moyer was nothing at all. nothing. the sensitive one above having a tizzy about it is funny.

And JB's sarcasm with the reporters is usually justified. They largely ask idiotic questions. The question about small guards being quicker was pure gold. What I find amusing is that when JB calls them out on their dumb questions they don't know how to rephrase the question in an intelligent way. It seems that most of these reporters don't know anything about the game they're supposed to cover. It's like those 3 jeopardy contestants who couldn't answer one football question.

This is what JB does every year. Every year!

In the thick of the season he rides the players he needs to ride. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the bench, in front of the media. Questions their abilities , their effort, their heart... heck at one point w McForth didn’t he have some quote about being better off with a dead guy at center (or am I misremembering?)

Then when it’s tourney time he’ll turn it back around and play the cool dad. Calm, collected, understanding... and w the media he’ll make it “Us against the World.”

It happens every year! I don’t know why ppl expect it to be different.

People wonder why Jimmy trashes the media...The local media are the ones who sold out the team in the 1990s.

"The Post-Standard in Syracuse alleged the program was riddled with violations in a pair of stories that prompted an in-house and an NCAA investigation."

It was the Post-Herald that actually blew the whistle on the Cuse Basketball program and Jimmy has never forgotten. I am not saying that what Syracuse did in the 90's was not wrong or that even every other team was doing the same. I am just saying that Boeheim remembers who sold him out. He seems like the type to hold a grudge and never forget.

This is what JB does every year. Every year!

In the thick of the season he rides the players he needs to ride. Doesn’t matter if it’s on the bench, in front of the media. Questions their abilities , their effort, their heart... heck at one point w McForth didn’t he have some quote about being better off with a dead guy at center (or am I misremembering?)

Then when it’s tourney time he’ll turn it back around and play the cool dad. Calm, collected, understanding... and w the media he’ll make it “Us against the World.”

It happens every year! I don’t know why ppl expect it to be different.

Because he no longer has Hop around to be the good cop. I think that's the main difference this year.

I think it might have some to do with people being upset that Hop left. They see that he's having some success, so these people are even more upset/deranged etc. now because they wanted him to be the current coach of this team.

They have already started blaming any lack of success on JB and the fact that Hop left. And they will give Hop credit for the more recent success this program's had. It's very interesting to see.

Next year when we have enough dudes and no Hop, that narrative should be put to bed quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom