I don’t know how to say this... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I don’t know how to say this...

Yeah, good though except it just is not as effective when you cannot set up the press. Emphasis on “set up.”

My guess is that you are eminently frustrated with this team, season and JAB. All good. I am too. But your gotcha moment to showcase how JAB has “lost it,” was 100% erroneous. It just was.
No it actually wasn't. It actually just wasn't. Learn some basketball. The "gotcha" from the responder claims that the sub rule during a free throw ties into the ability to set up a defense. It doesn't. It just doesn't lol. Regardless of the situation- free throw or whatever, you want Kadary in over Joe there. The game has passed JB by as it's obvious. The man needs to retire already and fast! Enough is enough!

I have been a dies hard SU basketball fan my whole life! I’m 43 years old and haven’t known another coach but JB. Love the guy! The only coach I have ever known!

That said, I’m going to admit I think it’s time. I say this for a couple of reasons. Sidibe and Woody were said to be ready to go on Wednesday. Three days later and we wait to put them in until we are down double digits. Did Woody light it up? No, but come on you didn’t put him in until we were down 17. Not good!

im sick of putting Kadary in when we are already down double digits. Start the kid and give him the keys!

a coaching example of how I think JB has lost it, end of 1st half against NC State, under a minute. NC State ball out of bounds, we put the press on and sub Kadary for JGIII, what? Our best defender and you take him out? Of course a and one with a foul on JGIII! Are you kidding me?

the lack of substitutions, lack of time and court awareness as a coach, not cool!

Again, I love JB! Always have and always will, but it’s just time! Just my two cents!
This is daddyball and it's not good for buddy or anyone

Every single one of us can identify possessions that will go south will in advance. The backdown, when he tries to go behind the back are two

No it actually wasn't. It actually just wasn't. Learn some basketball. The "gotcha" from the responder claims that the sub rule during a free throw ties into the ability to set up a defense. It doesn't. It just doesn't lol. Regardless of the situation- free throw or whatever, you want Kadary in over Joe there. The game has passed JB by as it's obvious. The man needs to retire already and fast! Enough is enough!
I didn't take it as a gotcha response. It seemed like a pretty fair response. JB takes many hits here, including in the above, but not sure you can fault him for trying to give his team extra time to find their assignments and setup a press.

Certainly KR is our best defender in the current defense, and of course you want him out there, but in a coffin corner type press, I'd say the guy guarding inbounds (usually the 4) or the guy responsible for covering the guy in the middle after the pass to the corner (usually the 2 or 3) are the most important pieces to the puzzle. That is where 80% of the steals or turnovers are coming from.

I'd say in most the ones I've seen or coached (nothing special) the 1 is like a safety (football) in front of the 5.

Also, they still did get the steal but Marek botched it. That is the play you guys are upset with right?

I haven't intentionally planned to watch this team in weeks. They are so uninspiring both in play and in coaching and game management.

It's such a tough call because I love JB and so don't want to "force him out". JB's system just can no longer consistently succeed in today's game.

This is daddyball and it's not good for buddy or anyone

Every single one of us can identify possessions that will go south will in advance. The backdown, when he tries to go behind the back are two

Frank Howard and Buddy are the two most awkward behind the back dribblers I've seen at SU.

They both almost had/have to come to a complete stop when executing it. It's quite jarring to watch.

Frank Howard and Buddy are the two most awkward behind the back dribblers I've seen at SU.

They both almost had/have to come to a complete stop when executing it. It's quite jarring to watch.
Don't shortchange JGIII.

It was Mareks fault for turning it over suddenly. Joe had a stupid foul trying to hack the guy from behind on an open layup but the play wasn’t his fault
Exactly. JAB’s decision and execution to turn on/set up the press in the optimal game state (dead ball) was smart and allowed for maximum efficiency. And it worked. SU made the steal, then Marek kicked it away, unfortunately.

And yet, the original poster and other in this post insist this singular decision was some sort of indicator that the game as passed our head coach. Imagine not knowing the rules or even that much about basketball!?! Wow.

Again (and I mean this), if you want to argue that JAB has lost it, fine. Go ahead. Knock your self out. You may have some valid takes or arguments. But using this play as your People’s Exhibit A, ... it’s a losing argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom