I don't get the UConn/Rutgers ACC advantage | Syracusefan.com

I don't get the UConn/Rutgers ACC advantage

BlueCurtain

2nd String
Let's say UConn and Rutgers are left dwindling for a few years while SU reaps the benefits of life in the ACC. Everyone is cheering that because we will gain a perceived recruiting advantage over those 2 schools.

But how exactly is beating out UConn and Rutgers for recruits supposed to be any kind of major turning point? We are practically identical outfits at this point. It's like swapping hanes with fruit of the loom - at the end of the day, it's still tighty whities.

When we start beating out teams like, say, Penn St (e.g. see Doug Hogue) instead of Hofstra - then I'll know Marrone is starting to turn the corner.

who is talking about yukon? i don't think we recruit directly against yukon in football or basketball almost ever. rutgers is important because new jersey reportedly has talent, and we want it. no one is cheering about recruiting, they are cheering about having more money for facilities and coaches.

We're never going to beat PSU or ND on a consistent basis. In reality if we win 1 recruiting battle with them over a 4 year period, would it really matter or mean much. It doesn't matter who the coach is.

Small school, upstate NY, no one wants to play here...blah, blah, blah...

44cuse