I don't know the right answer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I don't know the right answer

The reality is that USC has a damn good team and it doesn't matter what style we play. If we "attack" Barkley the screens with their athletes will probably go 20+ yards. If we let him sit and get comfy he will pick us apart. If we play an uptempo offense and can't get into any type of tempo we will double their possessions and they will crush us. If we slow it down we may never get any type of rhythm but the score won't be so high.

This isn't a, "we have no chance" post. I'm just stating the obvious, they are one of the top 2 teams in the country and between them and Alabama I don't think anyone else is anywhere near their level. Special things will need to happen for us to win.

What is going to be annoying to read after the game is the analyzation of the game. If we had done this, we would have won posts are ridiculous. Frankly, it probably doesn't matter what the strategy is. People need to be realistic.

Use what works. If it's a no huddle then use it and if slowing it down and they are still moving the ball, do that. The flow of the game will determine what to do and it's up to the coaches to recognize and take all available opportunities.

USC is going to score no matter what we do. We might as well toe the line and throw a haymaker back.

No huddle, balls out, time to punch them in the mouth.

I like the image of shamarko throwing a haymaker at kiffin...can we get borkowski on that?

run the offense... I don't want to see them go into a shell. They will need to score plenty to even have a chance, I don't think they can win with what they tried last year. That said, it opens the door to a big blowout, but who gives a .

I just think the up tempo alone, puts pressure on a defense. We can't just match up and try to outhink them all the time, we need big chunks of yards

we are still wondering if the offense has improved. not running it vs USC doesnt tell us anything. losing 45-30 says more about where the team is. and if we score 30 i dont think USC gets 45.

who knows how well USC will travel across country either.

but will be interested to see what we do offensively vs USC. Do we stay no huddle and get in as many plays as possible and basically try to win a shoot out. Or, do we slow things down some, use clock, and try to minimize the number of plays for USC.

No best answer IMO, so I'll be curious to see what happens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mix it up. Be multiple. Try not to be predictable. Don't let them settle in. Don't talk trash. Don't pound your chest after a tackle.

I'd like to see a bit more throttle control in the USC game. Stay in the no huddle to keep the defense set and unable to substitute, but move the throttle fast and slow as need be. Although USC is clearly more talented than SU in just about every single position, the scholarship reductions have made the backups quite "green."

I have to agree with this answer. But...

I am not convinced that SU can actually produce a running attack against USC to help slow the game down though. I hope I am totally wrong on that.

The coaches have to keep the kids in this one. If the coaches show a conservative approach the kids might think they have "no shot to win" and the coaches are just trying not to get blown away out there. But if the tempo is live and thriving, the kids could buy into the fact that the coaches believe in them and the possibility that SU can win. Either way, I believe that an upset is more than possible any way the coaches decide to play it. My hope is that the players feel the same way and display one hell of a game to shock the college football world!!

I'd like to see a bit more throttle control in the USC game. Stay in the no huddle to keep the defense set and unable to substitute, but move the throttle fast and slow as need be. Although USC is clearly more talented than SU in just about every single position, the scholarship reductions have made the backups quite "green."
Agreed. Plain and simple, I don't think we can beat USC at their own game.
We can stay with our no huddle, but allow Nassib to control the clock at the LoS.

I think they held a few things back that could cause issues for USC. we need to not expose Nassib to huge hits. if we force USC to have to blitz to get pressure from the shotgun that opens up space for big plays and we have several guys who can actually make them this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom