I dont know why | Syracusefan.com

I dont know why

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
but I guess i really do know why I'm not upset. We have more mortal flaws than maybe the past ten years of our team combined. seniors who arent leaders and regressed, can't shoot a lick, no scorers, suspect team bball iq, this team has no heart.

I cant believe we won 23 games so far.

I thought the announcers were very perceptive in saying a couple of times that this is a fragile team. I think they may have hit rock bottom. Now they need to figure out how to pick themselves up.

but I guess i really do know why I'm not upset. We have more mortal flaws than maybe the past ten years of our team combined. seniors who arent leaders and regressed, can't shoot a lick, no scorers, suspect team bball iq, this team has no heart.

I cant believe we won 23 games so far.

We won 23 games because we still have more talent than anyone we've played. Something has to be done with that talent. And, it's not a game-to-game matter. They just haven't been coached well enough. We just saw lame Georgetown players exhibit certain skills - offensively and defensively - that show they were taught ways to make themselves better. Our guys get better over the years, but not from those nuanced learning-based advances.

We're sixth in the freaking conference. There aren't five teams in the league with more talent. We've just done less with more.
To be fair, this is also coupled with some sudden issues with Triche and Southerland not being able to put the ball in the hoop, but we were going to lose this game either way. GT is just tougher, smarter, and better-prepared.