I don't miss the Big East | Syracusefan.com

I don't miss the Big East

inexcusable . can't call yourself an elite program when you can't win even 1 ACCT game. disappointing.

It's kind of amazing - and most of that game, I just watched and thought, "huh, this Miami team is pretty blah. We got this one!" But nope.

No wins in the ACC Tourney.....insanity!!!

I do miss being in the Big East. I've always hated the ACC and we have been a complete train wreck since coming into the ACC in both football and basketball (minus the 25-0 and the miracle tourney run last year). It's a joke that we are in year 4 and we don't have a win in the ACC tournament yet. This is the third straight year that we have been ridiculously mediocre in basketball. It's getting old. This team will be lucky to be in the play-in game next week, but more likely they will be back in the Dome.

If it makes you guys feel any better two losses were against former Big East schools. (who have absolutely owned us this year)

I do miss being in the Big East. I've always hated the ACC and we have been a complete train wreck since coming into the ACC in both football and basketball (minus the 25-0 and the miracle tourney run last year). It's a joke that we are in year 4 and we don't have a win in the ACC tournament yet. This is the third straight year that we have been ridiculously mediocre in basketball. It's getting old. This team will be lucky to be in the play-in game next week, but more likely they will be back in the Dome.

But it doesn't seem like staying in the Big East and keeping football was a viable option so it seems like the right comparison is AAC or ACC

guess the bright side today is that if you have to scalp a couple tickets there's worse places to spend your extra time than NYC . like say anyplace in carolina.

But it doesn't seem like staying in the Big East and keeping football was a viable option so it seems like the right comparison is AAC or ACC

Yeah, I understand that. Doesn't mean I like it. I would have rather stayed in the Big East as it was constructed (I know, that wasn't an option) than move to the ACC. We're an outsider in this conference and we have had almost zero success in it.

inexcusable . can't call yourself an elite program when you can't win even 1 ACCT game. disappointing.

They haven't been an elite program the last 4 years. Hence playing on day 2 every year so far other than the self ban.

YOYO...trading 4 ACCT tickets for 1 Hamilton...

(take the ticket or the 10 spot...)

It's beyond embarrassing winless in tournament play.

For the most part we didn't do squat in the Big East tournament for a solid decade, from like 95 to 04. Then we went back to back in 05 and 06, had the memorable 09 run and finished with a '13 finals run. But there was certainly a long period of time where we were mostly going out early in the BE tourney too.

For the most part we didn't do squat in the Big East tournament for a solid decade, from like 95 to 04. Then we went back to back in 05 and 06, had the memorable 09 run and finished with a '13 finals run. But there was certainly a long period of time where we were mostly going out early in the BE tourney too.
I'm saying is one win. Not even one win.

I'm saying is one win. Not even one win.

I hear ya. Two years in a row we were middle of the pack and playing a team that was even with us. Those games can go either way.

Gotta get back into the upper echelon of the league talent wise, and get the better seeds so we're playing a team we're better than for at least a round or two. We weren't better than Miami this year or Pitt last year.

Dark days indeed.

Well I was wrong as they did earn the double bye in year one - but it's peaks and valleys with EVERY program. Some years we will win the ACC championship. Other years we will lose our first game. Sometimes it's in bunches. It's initial reaction and I understand poster frustrations but it certainly can get worse, but we all believe it will get better.

But I do miss winning games in our conference tournament.

#acctourneyblows #notreally #imjustprojectingourfailuresontosomethingelse
syracuse played in 15 BE tourney championship games. was the BE a lesser conference ? HARDLY !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom