I don't remember this board being so sensitive | Syracusefan.com

I don't remember this board being so sensitive

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I've been a member of this forum for years now and I honestly don't remember any other years like this! Can people please get a grip! The way a bunch of people act around here, if someone noticed that Fab ha a runny nose, there would be 20 threads about Melo being sick and we won't be considered the #2 overall seed and we will be shipped out west and we will lose in the second round because of it.

How about some positive posts? I think I skip over 50% of the posts here lately because of all the complaining!

We've lost twice since November. Losses are a lot to talk about.

I've been a member of this forum for years now and I honestly don't remember any other years like this! Can people please get a grip! The way a bunch of people act around here, if someone noticed that Fab ha a runny nose, there would be 20 threads about Melo being sick and we won't be considered the #2 overall seed and we will be shipped out west and we will lose in the second round because of it.

How about some positive posts? I think I skip over 50% of the posts here lately because of all the complaining!

There needs to be a block button for some of our posers (oops I mean posters) on this board.

I think the way 2010 ended took an already pessimistic fanbase to new levels of paranoia. The bettr things look, the more we look for reasons for it to all turn to .

It's the "We should have kicked the field goal and taken the three sure points" syndrome. That's what all the "experts" say when after the 4th and goal try for a TD fails". Two minutes prior to that they were cheering the brass of the coaches decision to go for it.

I have thought about all the "negativity" on here after games (wins and losses). And I have come to a conclusion that many posters have somehow deluded themselves into thinking that they have the answer. So we are all treated to their Monday Morning Quarterbacking which must make them feel good.

"If only they had listened to me." is the subtext.

Thank God we have shut up the M2M contingent for at least a short time.

Lots of rare posters jump on when we lose (not that I post often either). I often wonder how their lives are that losses bring them out in droves. Must suck.

A fabulous year but a bit disappointing to lose in the semi's. All things said, we lost by 3 pts to an NCAA 6 seed who shot better than they have all year, and we had below average to horrific games from everyone except Dion.

I have been watching cuse hardcore since the DW and shumpert season.
Let me be the first privilaged individual to say this is the first time a loss meant nothing to me in 10 years.

And congrats to Cincy while saying that. This team had nothing to prove. They were already the one in the East. Cincy had to prove they could beat a top 10 team. If you can beat a top 10 team then you have proven everything short of a title.

This one meant less then the ND one by a mile.
That being said I have little to no arguments.
We even got to win coming back from behind against Uconn the game before. 2 good learning experiences. One how to come back and win and 2 how to play each game like its your last or you will lose.

We are and have been tough all season! We were not going to be unanimous number one with all the close games we have played since Jan. even if we were undefeated.

Furthermore, had we beaten cincy by 2 down the stretch would you really be more confident for this team after all the close games we have pulled out? This loss meant nothing and I think some are taken offguard by that fact.

A Final 4 run would do wonders for all of our sanity, I think.

Everybody is a little on edge and it's understandable given our history in March. One minute I'm nervous and pessimistic, the next I'm trying to look on the bright side of things.

How about some positive posts?

I'm positive that nothing short of a national championship will change the atmosphere on this board. And even that won't be enough for some people.

People are sensitive because we lost, and let's face it, there have been only 2 losses this year to dissect.

But most of all, people are sensitive because this team has been one of the top 2 teams all year. And no doubt about it, an outcome last night will NOT cut it this year in the tournament in any round prior to the Elite Eight. I've noticed everyone is jumping on this catchy phrase "All In". I think that's great. But you better reach at least the Elite Eight, if not the Final Four, or else this year will be a complete underachievement.

Being a top team/#1 seed is great. But there's a lot of pressure to it. I think we're feeling it, especially after seeing how easy it is to just lose a game. There are NO excuses this year.

Some of us need to put on the seton hall game and pop open a cold beer. Especially if your at work on the weekend. :noidea:

It's the one and done nature that brings out the panic.

The tourney is a complete crapshoot, and to see a season go up in flames b/c Kris hurts his wrist in warmups, or CJ gets a virus, or the opposing team banks in a couple of 3s is tough to stomach.

If it was a best of 5 (or even best of 3) people wouldn't stand so close to the ledge. (Not that a playoff-like tourney is preferable all things considered.)

It's the one and done nature that brings out the panic.

The tourney is a complete crapshoot, and to see a season go up in flames b/c Kris hurts his wrist in warmups, or CJ gets a virus, or the opposing team banks in a couple of 3s is tough to stomach.

If it was a best of 5 (or even best of 3) people wouldn't stand so close to the ledge. (Not that a playoff-like tourney is preferable all things considered.)
Exactly, when we stop flaming out early people here would relax more. I agree, if it was best of 5 I think we can take anyone. We saw last night the recipe for an early tourney exit and that definately can cause some panic.

Hate to say this, but clamoring for positivity after a loss screams of sensitivity.

Most people are simply posting about legitimate areas of concern. Even the cheekiest of the pom pom shakers here should know when to cede the soap box.

We saw last night the recipe for an early tourney exit and that definately can cause some panic.

Fans are waiting for the team from November and December to show up. But that team isn't walking through this door.

For all this talk about the zone, the 3 JB teams that made a deep run did so on offensive efficiency surrounding a star forward - which does not fit the character of this team. Too often we're down 12-5 at the first media timeout. It's almost a friggin' ritual this season.

Put it this way, if they get to the Final Four on the strength of their defense, slugging out 52-50 contests to get there -- it will be a first in 35 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom