I don't think JB is going anywhere soon! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I don't think JB is going anywhere soon!

that trade is an impossibility - Knicks are over the cap so the traded salaries have to match, but those two don't. And there is nobody else on the aging, expensive, garbage-filled Knicks roster that the Cavs would take.
I just looked at the Knocks salaries and threw up in my mouth and all over my keyboard (splash splash splash with each letter I type!) I knew it was bad but gawwwd! And I don't think this can be blamed on Isaiah either. Amare 2 more years for $45M, Novak another 3 years at $11M, Felton another 3 years at $11M (not bad),

You guys are overrating Shumpert big time IMO.

Hes a good defender, but Gary Payton he is not. he committs dumb fouls and gambles too much. He's got good role player written all over him. Nothing wrong with that, he should have a good career. But I think Dion has all star potential. He has more ability and more upside. Not to mention he's a better offensive player right now, and it's not all that close in terms of what they can each do.

Knicks fans went nuts over Landry Fields, now Shumpert seems to be their new guy to overrate.

Dion shot 41% on two and 31% on three this season

Iman was 39% and 40% from 3 this season...

So it's alot closer than you think...shump is a better shooter with better form

Shumpert was 30% from 3 his rookie season. That should be noted IMO.

that trade is an impossibility - Knicks are over the cap so the traded salaries have to match, but those two don't. And there is nobody else on the aging, expensive, garbage-filled Knicks roster that the Cavs would take.

Man, I didn't realize how much more money Dion is making than Shump. $2 million. Getting picked in the top 5 is nice. The Knicks could only take back 125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000, which if they only moved Shump, would be about 2.34 million.

Knicks had a great offensive team, though you would be hard pressed to believe it based on their playoff performance.

That Amare contract is just going to kill them.

also, fwiw, compare Dion's rookie year to Jonny Flynn

eerily close . . . but I think Dion will stick for a second contract if he stays healthy

They can add a throw in to get the numbers to work. Its not a lot of dollars

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

They can add a throw in to get the numbers to work. Its not a lot of dollars

it's $1.6 M, and there is nothing on the Knicks roster at that price . . . every other piece is either way over that for several years, or a couple packaged pieces of pure garbage that not even the Cadavers would want, not in exchange for the #4 overall pick and all-rookie teamer.

it's $1.6 M, and there is nothing on the Knicks roster at that price . . . every other piece is either way over that for several years, or a couple packaged pieces of pure garbage that not even the Cadavers would want, not in exchange for the #4 overall pick and all-rookie teamer.

I just realized, purely from a cap standpoint, the Knicks could trade whoever they pick in the first round this year and the salaries would match. (I'm not predicting this to happen by any means, just saying from a numbers standpoint)

The Cavs have a greater opportunity to improve in the next two years than the Knicks. Why would they want to trade Dion? To help the Knicks? I think not.

you can make the argument that they don't need two guards who are at their best with the ball in their hands

you can make the argument that they don't need two guards who are at their best with the ball in their hands
and also two guards who are weak defensively when they have just hired a defensive minded coach

Lol! I love the fact that people are looking at this seriously but I completely made this trade up. That said if it happens a want a check from somebody...Lol!

Lol! I love the fact that people are looking at this seriously but I completely made this trade up. That said if it happens a want a check from somebody...Lol!

It's good excercise. Good idea.
The Knicks are done and we're months away from Midnight Madness.
It's a lot better than talking about Kentucky's recruits.