I don't understand???????? | Syracusefan.com

I don't understand????????

DonLightfoot

All Conference
We are so bad at three pointers yet we keep launching so many of them (14 in the first half). Sure, the Johnies Zone may be part of it, but it just drives me nuts. Also, it seems every time we miss a three there ends up being a bucket at the other end. Someone please tell me why we are employing this strategy.

We have zero dribble penetration. Gbinjie, Kaleb, Patterson, or Cooney all pick up their dribble a record number of times. It's unbelievable. Nobody can turn the corner so they keep stopping. Next guy tries and same result...ugh. Gbinjie on the wing in the 2-3 defensively scares me.

We have zero dribble penetration. Gbinjie, Kaleb, Patterson, or Cooney all pick up their dribble a record number of times. It's unbelievable. Nobody can turn the corner so they keep stopping. Next guy tries and same result...ugh. Gbinjie on the wing in the 2-3 defensively scares me.
Guards that can't shoot, and can't get in the paint are a bad combo. Meanwhile, Harrison was raining 3s and getting into the lane at will...sigh.

"Is this your homework Larry?"

How was Larry so calm under pressure? Our team should watch the scenes with Larry. I wanted to protagonists to give him a beatdown!!

How was Larry so calm under pressure? Our team should watch the scenes with Larry. I wanted to protagonists to give him a beatdown!!

Haha. Actually, one of my favorite Goodman moments is where right after he questions Larry; he storms out of the house huffing and puffing all flustered and mutters sort of quietly, "Little p*#!k stone-wallin me." I just love that part, ha.

Last edited:
Guards that can't shoot, and can't get in the paint are a bad combo. Meanwhile, Harrison was raining 3s and getting into the lane at will...sigh.

Very bad combo.

No complimentary skills...you should be able to hopefully do one or the other. Doing neither from the guard spots, as we are witnessing, doesn't work out so well.

Joseph has a very good mid-range jumper, but we've rarely seen him get into position to take it. He's being defended well, but, in time, he'll find a way to get that shot.

CaptainJ said:

Calmer than you are..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom