I feel really bad. 1987 was a long time ago. | Syracusefan.com

I feel really bad. 1987 was a long time ago.

nralecuse

Walk On
I'm an alum, been with SU since the early '70's. This was very difficult to watch. I had hoped this game would show we had 'turned the corner.' Feel sorry for our guys. Have to admit this loss feels really bad. SU football wasn't much fun back in the 70's. Can't believe how down these games can make me feel. 1987 was so long ago. Sometimes is Sucks being a loyal fan.

I know how you feel. I moved back to Syracuse in 1990, bought season tickets, and have missed one home game in 21 years.

It is really sad to see how far this program has fallen. It gets tougher every year for a die hard fan like me to make donations to the football program, buy season tickets, and go up to the Dome. There is no way a casual fan is going to spend any money supporting this team so we are going to be stuck watching games with 25,000+ die hard fans in the dome.

The only good thing about playing in the ACC is we are going to get to see some quality football teams come into the Dome. The bad thing is I just do not see how we are going to be able to compete with the likes of VT, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, etc. anytime soon. It's tough being a die hard Syracuse football fan.

Funny......misery does love company. Somehow it is a little easier knowing I'm not alone. Thanks
GO ORANGE !

the funny thing is when the 25,000 of us diehards are in the Dome its STILL the same noise level as when the fairweathers show up. We should just have 33K seats for the diehards

What's sad is running a sweep when there are 6 inches between us and the goaline. This isn't something somebody hasn't said before but each week there has been at least 3 to 4 plays where we get close but can't finish. I think Marrone is a good person and I don't dislike him, but I just don't see how he is the answer as we go to the ACC. I think you need a name coach to recruit now and I feel its more appropriate than ever to let him go sooner rather than later. If everyone is honest with each here they would see that our depth is better than the grob era, but it isn't producing results. Marrone is still using GRob leftovers, but also most of the players there now are his recruits so you can't make that argument either. And as bees pointed out Nassib and Sales are seriously the least of our problems. I think our d is a lot worse this year than any year I have seen. Surprisingly I didn't feel like our special teams was bad yesturday. You just got got got to score on the 6 inch yardline.

I still believe that the 87 also had a favorable schedule and we remember the success from it, this is why I am a big advocate to downgrade the OOC from here on. People are not going to show up anyways so why the heck not get some wins on the board and try to get some enthusiasm going for the team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom