I for one think UConn is a delightful basketball program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I for one think UConn is a delightful basketball program

Both boards are obsessed with finding ways to demean the other program and minimize their accomplishments. The mutual hatred appears to be at an all time high.

Based on what I have seen to date, it seems likely that these two programs are going to have a showdown in MSG for a spot in the Final Four. That would be pretty cool; a BET final cubed.

It is kind of cool how we now have a triangle of hate for NE schools. We hate UConn/BC, UConn hates us/BC, and BC hates us and UConn.

I don't like when good threads get nuked. When the thread goes, any likes you gained in that thread go too. I lost some well deserved Tees. ;)

Gee...I wonder if some highly complimentary and insightful Syracuse commentary was nuked over on the site that shall not be named? ;)

I love UConn basketball. As much as I love BC basketball. Marsh loves it too.
Don't worry, Pete. It's coming around.
:D

There is a huge difference between our board and theirs. This board's main focus is always on the present and the future. Their focus is always on the past. We are still growing as a program, their best days are behind them.

and the hits just keep on coming

UConn has done a tremendous job of ensuring that our basketball legacy will stay in national prominence. Between a new practice facility and a new, likable, up-and-coming head coach who recruits all seem to love, UConn's arrow is pointing up. Not sure I can say the same about Cuse.

Maybe people in the state of Connecticut have never heard of the Melo Center? I can guarantee you its better than anything Storz will build.

Wasnt Hop named one of the best assistant coaches in the country?

Recruits dont love him? They would rather play for mr constipation face ollie?

Scratching my head. Typical BS from their delusional fan base. I love how they keep telling themselves that their conference affiliation is better than ours right now. Laughable. The way their football program is headed they may never leave the AAC.

Keep reading marsh... those silly husky fans.. they sure do know their comedy. That dctj poster is my new fave.. kevin hart move over.

Just re-shuffling the deck chairs over there. Not everyone can play GT and a school from the Horizon to win a title.

SMU, ECU, UCF...our those guys need to lose a couple of letters to fit in.

I think the important thing is how well UConn prepares their student athletes for life after college and puts them in a place to succeed.

After graduating a year early, Kemba was ready to read his first book. El Amin became well versed in the difference between an ounce, a quarter, and a pound. AJ Price is now an expert on the inner workings of the legal system as it pertains to petty theft. Thabeet has now been prepared for stocking the really high shelves in a warehouse. Also, without UConn, how would we ever have so many well versed in weaving baskets under water?

For all that and more, I salute UConn! Similar to Marsh I prefer the ever efficient one finger salute as it pertains to them and no doubt indicating their thought that they are number 1.

Last edited:
Just re-shuffling the deck chairs over there. Not everyone can play GT and a school from the Horizon to win a title.

SMU, ECU, UCF...our those guys need to lose a couple of letters to fit in.

Lets be fair now that was a Big East team they beat in the final...

C'mon people.

They have three championships, we have 1.

Just like Eli is waaaay better because he has double the amount of championships as Peyton.

And Robert Horry and his 7 rings is better than Hakeem Olajuwan, Lebron James, Shaq, and even Michael Jordan.

I for one don't know why it's so hard for you people to grasp.

Guys, which is it?

a) UConn is relevant, and thus we talk about them a lot.

b) UConn is irrelevant, and thus, they aren't worth talking about.

I think it's UConn is irrelevant and thus we talk about them a lot. It's not the team we hate, per se, it's their irrational fanbase.

Just enjoy the show as their two great non conf wins are trash by seasons end as the gators will crash without a pg and indiana is barely a tourney team if at all. If not for the officials and some bad free throw shooting we win by 30 last night. The hoosiers arent going anywhere with their best and only scorer being under 5 10.

I think it's UConn is irrelevant and thus we talk about them a lot.

Isn't that a logical fallacy? You don't see threads on here about Colgate or Canisius, because they aren't relevant.

They also don't have such [REDACTED] fans who obsess over Syracuse.

UConn is my most hated team in all of sports and there isn't a close second. But I completely recognize that they're a very good team this year that will probably be around a 4 seed (give or take) in the tourney and could make an outside run at a Final Four with their guard play. I'm just not sure why we have to pretend like they're suddenly Rutgers just because they're in the AAC.

And now those great buncha guys are saying Hop is a poor replacement, along with a ton more derogatory, delusional claims. Must be fun playing in padded rooms...