I fully expect Richardson and Lydon to enter the draft | Syracusefan.com

I fully expect Richardson and Lydon to enter the draft

2-3zone

2nd String
2 reasons why they should

1.) WEAK draft this season, 2017 already looking like a much deeper draft

2.) New entry rules this year (enter without signing with an agent, go through the combine, get their draft grade, 1st round grade - go, 2nd round grade - stay)

Just not seeing it. I can see maybe Lydon but as great as he is I think he gets eaten alive in the combine. Think he'll have a very tough time guarding 3s.

I think his future is bulking up a little more and playing the 4.

Wouldn't surprise me really if any underclassman takes advantage of the new rule that allows you to test the waters. Could get invaluable feedback from NBA talent evaluators.

I fully expect both to return, tho, regardless

2.) New entry rules this year (enter without signing with an agent, go through the combine, get their draft grade, 1st round grade - go, 2nd round grade - stay)

Do you know anything about anything?

C'mon.

Yes, next year's draft will be better than this year's draft, but I think the new rules will actually help keep them here, especially Mal.

If we make a run to the FF, then all bets are off if they play well. A good run can put you in the first round.

I would guess they both leave after next year.

Why wouldn't all good college players declare, and see if they get the combine invite? It makes a lot sense to use the new rules to their advantage. Doesn't mean they have to even be thinking of leaving, but if you can get valuable feedback from NBA folks, they should do it.

Why wouldn't all good college players declare, and see if they get the combine invite? It makes a lot sense to use the new rules to their advantage. Doesn't mean they have to even be thinking of leaving, but if you can get valuable feedback from NBA folks, they should do it.
This is the way to think about it.

I actually agree with the OP in the sense that they'll probably test the waters. I have to imagine thay'd both get combine invites, especially Lydon, and especially if we make the FF. But I don't see either as first rounders; I'm sure Lydon would get drafted on potential alone, but at this point, I feel pretty good about both returning to school. With everyone who's gone pro recently, they were projected from early in the year as high first round draft picks (even CMac who's injury made his decision more surprising). That's never been true of these two.

You post this during the week of the sweet sixteen? You're a weird fan bro.

So UConn has road games at Ohio State and Georgetown next year. Do they have any other good nonconference games scheduled?
Also what are the terms of Ollie's buyout.

So UConn has road games at Ohio State and Georgetown next year. Do they have any other good nonconference games scheduled?
Also what are the terms of Ollie's buyout.
Are you suggesting something...

Don't they have to pay their own way still? That would be a bit prohibitive for most guys. Or did they change that rule as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom