I gotta laugh that Rutgers isn't in the conference no more | Syracusefan.com

I gotta laugh that Rutgers isn't in the conference no more

CaliCuse

All American
I'm kidding. Any more . Are they waiting for that B-10 offer? If they get in there its going to be fun to watch them winless.:rolling: We all know the state school of NJ will land on its feet. I just don't like them aiming their program's success at my school and teams. Let aim at Nova for success. I won't really miss any of those "old rivalries" The new "rivalries will be just as intense and bitter in a matter of two years or less. As I said to a couple Cuse fans as we were leaving the Coliseum "we always have Toledo next week.We better beat them an badly interns of the winning margin is concerned And the following week we have the aforementioned Snookies in town.:rolleyes:

not sure cali, i for one do not feel as good about this -------eastern football and lambert trophy and schwartswalder (sp) trophy meant a lot to me ---we had to jump-- do i feel good --no---but gross is pro active--the college landscape has passed me by. ---my take is that this is no longer a sport for the sports sake, its money which i guess in this enviroment is fine----i am sad today, maybe the ivy league had the answer, or the colgates of the world. i may have to revisit that level of competition as it makes more sense or more comfort to me.----i leave the rationality of this to others.

not sure cali, i for one do not feel as good about this -------eastern football and lambert trophy and schwartswalder (sp) trophy meant a lot to me ---we had to jump-- do i feel good --no---but gross is pro active--the college landscape has passed me by. ---my take is that this is no longer a sport for the sports sake, its money which i guess in this enviroment is fine----i am sad today, maybe the ivy league had the answer, or the colgates of the world. i may have to revisit that level of competition as it makes more sense or more comfort to me.----i leave the rationality of this to others.
Its always been about $
for the school and conference across the country. Sports entertainment is a multi-billion dollar business. Ask Fox Sports and ESPN if they are in this for sport.? I just don't like Rutgers for many reasons already written here. I will reiterate the Rutgers fans are the dumbest in the land as a group. Typically "Snookies" Over rated on LARGE SCALE BY IDIOTS.! Of course they can probably control their cap lock better then me. sorry.:confused:

I expect Rutgers to be in the ACC with SU.

Rutgers is definitely trying to mix it up by going on record with this...

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/09/rutgers_remains_in_contact_wit.html

Interesting tidbit according to article, "The ACC is considering three options as it awaits decisions from Texas and Notre Dame, according to an official. The first one is the league's home run swing at luring both Texas and Notre Dame. Plan B is to invite Texas and Texas Tech. Rutgers and Connecticut are Plan C."

Rutgers is definitely trying to mix it up by going on record with this...

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/09/rutgers_remains_in_contact_wit.html

Interesting tidbit according to article, "The ACC is considering three options as it awaits decisions from Texas and Notre Dame, according to an official. The first one is the league's home run swing at luring both Texas and Notre Dame. Plan B is to invite Texas and Texas Tech. Rutgers and Connecticut are Plan C."

Plan A and B are out so it looks to be Plan C.

Sent from my DROIDX

I expect Rutgers to be in the ACC with SU.
Too bad I will dislike them even more if possible. I had to put up with them for way too many years The possibility of losing to them scares the hell out f me in terms of their rejoicing We need to get off the Pitt win list this year in bothFB and BB I'm told by a my youngest son that Borheim is very happy with this year's team which to me comes as a shock considering Jimmy usually moaning and groaning about his team and schedule The word comes from a trustee who knows my son very wellAs informed as this person is he blew the prediction on Ishaq Williams and McReynolds last year in recruiting football.:crazy:

if ND does finally jump then RU may not be in...

but this is likely the last time they will be asked for a long, long, time...

no one really wanted TX if they were going to try to keep that Longwhorn network...

they ruined two conferences and that ought to be enough for anybody...

every team in for all sports (if you play that sport) and an even split of the money with each able to keep their own third tier rights...

if ND does finally jump then RU may not be in...

but this is likely the last time they will be asked for a long, long, time...

no one really wanted TX if they were going to try to keep that Longwhorn network...

they ruined two conferences and that ought to be enough for anybody...

every team in for all sports (if you play that sport) and an even split of the money with each able to keep their own third tier rights...
Texas of course has a special place in Orangemen hearts to hate and therefor create an instant rival. They also will maintain their network Why give up what is already a done separate deal?:noidea:

Plan A and B are out so it looks to be Plan C.

ND is still a long shot, but it does look like Plan C. ND makes the most sense, academically and athletically, out of all of the schools. They would be joining a conference that already includes other private schools such as BC, Cuse, Duke and WF. The only other private BCS schools I can think of is Vandy in the SEC and Stan in the Pac-36.

Sad but true it's all about $$. I understand the need for the change but that doesn't mean that I like it. After 50 years of following SU, season ticket holder, contributor, etc. I think I will take the advice from a former SU offical and get a life.

If the Big Ten stands pat at 12, or even just adds 2, why would the ACC bother going to 16 immediately?

ND is still a long shot, but it does look like Plan C. ND makes the most sense, academically and athletically, out of all of the schools. They would be joining a conference that already includes other private schools such as BC, Cuse, Duke and WF. The only other private BCS schools I can think of is Vandy in the SEC and Stan in the Pac-36.
Of the 17 private schools with FBS programs there are 11 that are "in the BCS", with TCU being added next year. The ACC also includes Miami, which makes 5 of 14 (or 16) private schools. ND would make that 6 of 16.

See Private Colleges and Universities Fielding FBS Teams for more details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom