I guess I didn't see where Syracuse will be wearing the "AL" | Syracusefan.com

I guess I didn't see where Syracuse will be wearing the "AL"

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
stickers on their helmets for the rest of the year for AL Davis.. Nice tribute, maybe we can get one for RF2044 :).. I just read it in one of OE's articles

With all due respect to the Raiders fans on the board, I'm not the biggest fan of AD--that's for sure.

With all due respect to the Raiders fans on the board, I'm not the biggest fan of AD--that's for sure.

He was a cartoon character in his latter years, but his body of work is undeniable.
The guy was a Coach, a GM, a Commissioner, an Owner, led the AFL merger that made the NFL...you name it, he did it!
John Madden said on the NFL network that there wasn't a single man who did more for pro football than Al Davis, not even Pete Rozzelle.
If you look at AD's record in full, not just the last few years, Madden's statement would be correct.

He was a cartoon character in his latter years, but his body of work is undeniable.
The guy was a Coach, a GM, a Commissioner, an Owner, led the AFL merger that made the NFL...you name it, he did it!
John Madden said on the NFL network that there wasn't a single man who did more for pro football than Al Davis, not even Pete Rozzelle.
If you look at AD's record in full, not just the last few years, Madden's statement would be correct.

^^^This^^^

Good post and agree 100%,

Only thing for Al to do is to be the team logo...

6254868296_7f6e903327.jpg

I think it's great.

Another way to promote the great heritage of SU in the world of football.

Recruits still tend to like the Raiders.

Having a strong connection to Oakland is a good thing.

Classy move, whether you like him or not. He's a HOFer whose legacy is solid, despite his later years. It would be nice to see something for Mackey, too (or is there something already established)?

Classy move, whether you like him or not. He's a HOFer whose legacy is solid, despite his later years. It would be nice to see something for Mackey, too (or is there something already established)?
I think they are already honoring John...BTW, Apparently TGD meet with Al weeks prior to his death.

They all have 88 stickers on their helmets for Mackey.