i guess jb didnt learn anything from wake game | Syracusefan.com

i guess jb didnt learn anything from wake game

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
extend the zone, defend the 3, made teams beat you from inside the arc. i really cant watch these 3 point barrages anymore. teams can get decent looks against the zone almost every time down unless we extend it

tied at 70 im literally praying they take an easy 2 point shot cuz im 100000% sure if they get a decent look at a 3 theyre drilling it. i gotta say im beyond sick of the zone, teams are too good from 3 to keep playing it unless you extend it from the opening tip. did nc state even make a 2 pt shot the last 6-7 minutes of the game? a fu$%%ing 3 pt contest for them and we wont make the tourny because of it. what a joke.

extend the zone, defend the 3, made teams beat you from inside the arc. i really cant watch these 3 point barrages anymore. teams can get decent looks against the zone almost every time down unless we extend it

tied at 70 im literally praying they take an easy 2 point shot cuz im 100000% sure if they get a decent look at a 3 theyre drilling it. i gotta say im beyond sick of the zone, teams are too good from 3 to keep playing it unless you extend it from the opening tip. did nc state even make a 2 pt shot the last 6-7 minutes of the game? a fu$%%ing 3 pt contest for them and we wont make the tourny because of it. what a joke.
Carbon copy of 1st wake game. Miserable

Frank played lazy D on that State possession tied at 70. Never tried to get over the weak screen. Gave the guy a wide open 3. Didn't play like the game depended on that possession.

Frank played lazy D on that State possession tied at 70. Never tried to get over the weak screen. Gave the guy a wide open 3. Didn't play like the game depended on that possession.

it was pathetic d and effort, but jb should have been begging and pleading with them to extend the zone and not give up a 3, and i seriously doubt he was. im sure he was fine giving up a 3 there, cuz ya know the percentages are that he'll miss...

They were coached to go under the screens the whole game and ncst made halftime adjustments to take advantage.

Good post. All we can hope for now is to get a second shot at them in the ACC Tournament and give them some payback. They beat us tonight on several threes at the end but as much credit as everyone gives to the lack of defense on our part is better summed up as dead tired players. How far can five guys go when the two bigs are both injured and the opposition is using 9 players.

Who tf decided to ignore #15 in the corner? He hit 86 3-pointers today on 150% shooting. How do you not stick yourself to him like glue?

Yeah, our 70+ year old HOF coach has a lot to learn. Nothing to do with the players - specifically our starting PG lazily moving under a weak screen to allow a wide open three on the biggest defensive possession of the season. I'm sure Boeheim told him to do that.

Yeah, our 70+ year old HOF coach has a lot to learn. Nothing to do with the players - specifically our starting PG lazily moving under a weak screen to allow a wide open three on the biggest defensive possession of the season. I'm sure Boeheim told him to do that.

That better be extreme fatigue related. I mean he barely tried to even get over (or under!) it. Just sort of stopped and watched. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was gassed but it is hard to tell. He sort of plays with that same kind of pace/style on both ends of the court for the majority of any game. Just casually ice skating around without a lot of quick change of direction ability.

Last edited:

I don't think this is an issue with the zone but poor execution. The corner 3's should have been covered by Marek and he failed to get over there multiple times. I feel like our defense and defending the 3 are the least of this teams concerns.

That better be extreme fatigue related. I mean he barely tried to even get over (or under!) it. Just sort of stopped and watched. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was gassed but it is hard to tell. He sort of plays with that same sort of pace/style on both ends of the court for the majority of any game. Just casually ice skating around without a lot of quick change of direction ability.
I agree regarding fatigue. There is no real answer though. I think Marek looked gassed at the end and couldn't get over there many times but we are in a bad situation right now with depth and there is no solution.

I think part of the strategy last night was dictated by Chukwu being out of the game (Was he hurt a bit?)

If you have Chukwu in the back end you are more willing to extend out. But without him, I think JB gambled on the threes instead.

I think part of the strategy last night was dictated by Chukwu being out of the game (Was he hurt a bit?)

If you have Chukwu in the back end you are more willing to extend out. But without him, I think JB gambled on the threes instead.

One three is ok.

Two is a problem.

3 is a trend.

4,5,6 theres absolutely zero excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online