I had a very good seat last night | Syracusefan.com

I had a very good seat last night

stuckinbig11

All American
thanks to a very generous lady. A few observations:

-Sitting in front of Seattle as they warmed up before the game, I watched quite a bit. They spent much of their time shooting 3s, and they hardly ever missed-not just a few players, all of them. So I was surprised by their poor shooting in the first half, but the second half did not surprise me.
-Joe played point guard like the aggressive and experienced quarterback that he is -- no bouncing the ball out front for 20 seconds waiting for something to happen. He sees the floor well and made some nice passes; too bad some of the recipients did not covert. When he has an open shot, he actually takes it (and makes it). Seattle then had to pay attention to him, and it opened the floor.
-Dolemite continues to amaze me with his versatility.. Perhaps my favorite play was a drive down the middle that was challenged, and at the last second, and he dropped a nice little pass in to Sid, who converted. In many respects, he is a big man with skills of a guard.
-Q may be figuring out that he needs to play inside, and he is ferocious when doing so. Needs to work on his free throws.
-Sid is doing what we expected from him in years past.
-Elijah and Buddy had somewhat quiet games for 15 and 10 points, but others were taking the lead in scoring.

-Sitting in front of Seattle as they warmed up before the game, I watched quite a bit. They spent much of their time shooting 3s, and they hardly ever missed-not just a few players, all of them. So I was surprised by their poor shooting in the first half, but the second half did not surprise me.
-Joe played point guard like the aggressive and experienced quarterback that he is -- no bouncing the ball out front for 20 seconds waiting for something to happen. He sees the floor well and made some nice passes; too bad some of the recipients did not covert. When he has an open shot, he actually takes it (and makes it). Seattle then had to pay attention to him, and it opened the floor.
-Dolemite continues to amaze me with his versatility.. Perhaps my favorite play was a drive down the middle that was challenged, and at the last second, and he dropped a nice little pass in to Sid, who converted. In many respects, he is a big man with skills of a guard.
-Q may be figuring out that he needs to play inside, and he is ferocious when doing so. Needs to work on his free throws.
-Elijah and Buddy had somewhat quiet games for 15 and 10 points, but others were taking the lead in scoring.
When Marek is aggressive with the ball all kinds of good things happen. He's proven he can score, he just doesn't always look for it. It's maddening. The crazy thing is, when he is in attack mode, that opens things up more for his passing to involve his teammates. It was great to see him make some interior offense happen by posting up, too.

I don't know what needs to happen at the start of games to get him in the right mindset, but whatever can be done to get him keyed into the offense, we need it.

When Marek is aggressive with the ball all kinds of good things happen. He's proven he can score, he just doesn't always look for it. It's maddening. The crazy thing is, when he is in attack mode, that opens things up more for his passing to involve his teammates. It was great to see him make some interior offense happen by posting up, too.

I don't know what needs to happen at the start of games to get him in the right mindset, but whatever can be done to get him keyed into the offense, we need it.
get him to quit the heaters & get him a fluffer instead

i also noticed a more effective high screen game. i didn't count in the 2nd half, but in the first half they used the high screen hand off 3 times and hit 3 triples in the bargain

get him to quit the heaters & get him a fluffer instead
tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom