I hate this conference realignment BS, I hate it with | Syracusefan.com

I hate this conference realignment BS, I hate it with

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
a passion, I hate it because nobody and I mean absolutely nobody has a clue as to what is going on, this guys from Texas throws more at the wall then anyone I have ever seen, if he is right once in 100 times, it will be a miracle. Oh wait, he just tweeted again.

That said, losing WV would suck, furthermore wake me up when SU has landed on solid ground somewhere, whether it be a solidfied BIg East or a new conference, I don't care.

Losing WVU, adding Mizzu, K St, and Kansas and say T Tech is still a better football conference then what we have today. I don't give a rats ass about geography at this point

One thing that's even worse than the "throw sh at the wall and hope something sticks" bloggers... The legal system. aTm was done deal because Big 12 said they had no objections. Now one school has changed its mind and is considering legal action. Back to the waiting game. Now the bloggers can scramble to learn the legal process.

Yes...hey BTW, in the BE dies scenario...and we get sucked into the ACC and we bring along several others...can the ACC renegogiate the ESPN contract? I hope Swofford wasn't that dumb to not put a clause in.

Also, I will absolutely scream if we bring in 5 teams and they insist in holding the BB tourney in NC. At worst it should should rotate between NYC and NC.

I agree this expansion stuff with all the so called insiders reminds me of 2003.

All I want is a place at the Big Boy Table. I prefer a Big East on MidWest Steroids over C-DOA. The ACC would be fine as long as UConn, Rutgirls, WVU, and Pitt come along. Cincy and Louisville would be nice adds if there is room. I hope WVU doesn't go to the SEC but I wouldn't blame them if they jump. I haven't heard any statement from the BE FB schools saying we are committed to Providence so I assume we are all free agents if the dominoes start falling.

a passion, I hate it because nobody and I mean absolutely nobody has a clue as to what is going on, this guys from Texas throws more **** at the wall then anyone I have ever seen, if he is right once in 100 times, it will be a miracle. Oh wait, he just tweeted again.

That said, losing WV would suck, furthermore wake me up when SU has landed on solid ground somewhere, whether it be a solidfied BIg East or a new conference, I don't care.

Losing WVU, adding Mizzu, K St, and Kansas and say T Tech is still a better football conference then what we have today. I don't give a rats ass about geography at this point

I can't stand it either and don't really follow it. What i will say, however, is that I think in the long run geography matters for this reason: I still think at the end of the day that the best and strongest conferences will be the ones that can generate enough interest to become part of the regional culture. If you look at the strongest conferences now, SEC/Big 12/Big 10 football and ACC/Big East hoops, they are conferences that have a history of pitting good, local programs against other good, local programs. This gives the conferences something to market, the teams something to feel loyal to and the fans something to bicker about all off-season.

I get tired of the conference expansion thing b/c you're going to end up with these massive conferences that make little sense and generate no loyalty from the schools involved. I can't help but think, in the end, even from a TV perspective, smaller regional conferences (or at least huge conferences with north and south divisions or east and west divisions that actually make some sense) will not only yield a better product but also drive better regional TV ratings. If that happens, say 10 years from now, then all this realignment BS is even more pointless.

There are currently 68 teams at the Big Boy Table (including TCU next year).

In the 5 x 14 scenario ... 70 teams are accounted for.

In the 4 x 16 scenario ... I'm confident that SU will NOT be one of the 4 teams on the bubble.

SU will end up somewhere.

Yes...hey BTW, in the BE dies scenario...and we get sucked into the ACC and we bring along several others...can the ACC renegogiate the ESPN contract? I hope Swofford wasn't that dumb to not put a clause in.

Also, I will absolutely scream if we bring in 5 teams and they insist in holding the BB tourney in NC. At worst it should should rotate between NYC and NC.

I agree this expansion stuff with all the so called insiders reminds me of 2003.

All I want is a place at the Big Boy Table. I prefer a Big East on MidWest Steroids over C-DOA. The ACC would be fine as long as UConn, Rutgirls, WVU, and Pitt come along. Cincy and Louisville would be nice adds if there is room. I hope WVU doesn't go to the SEC but I wouldn't blame them if they jump. I haven't heard any statement from the BE FB schools saying we are committed to Providence so I assume we are all free agents if the dominoes start falling.

I have no affinity real affinity for Cincy or Louisville. If I had to rank the current BEFB teams by choice, it would be:

WVU
Pitt
Yukon
Buttgers
USF
---------
Cincy
Loovul