I have a great idea! | Syracusefan.com

I have a great idea!

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Our guys are low on fuel, right? So how about JB plays mostly the freshmen at the BC game and we lose and we don't care! This would give our guys a rest, give the others some PT, and best of all, deprive Duke of the pleasure of beating the undefeated team! This last point is KEY. Duke is dying, chomping, slavering to get after us. They despise us for beating them "unfairly."

Oooh, oooh, here's another idea! If, in spite of it all, we beat BC, we go to Duke and just take the game off. It's always hot in Cameron. Our guys could wear swimsuits, sit on plastic recliners, and sip pina coladas with little umbrellas in them. That would make Duke SO MAD!

Muse, don't fail me now! We could go all Mahatma Gandhi on Duke's heinies. We could just lay down on the floor and not play. They would have to leap over our prone bodies, and first they would probably be dunking and show boating and then they would be all, "Get up and play, " and we'd be all "No, thank you" and man, would they be mad.

Then, thoroughly refreshed, we would win the National Championship.

Our guys are low on fuel, right? So how about JB plays mostly the freshmen at the BC game and we lose and we don't care! This would give our guys a rest, give the others some PT, and best of all, deprive Duke of the pleasure of beating the undefeated team! This last point is KEY. Duke is dying, chomping, slavering to get after us. They despise us for beating them "unfairly."

Oooh, oooh, here's another idea! If, in spite of it all, we beat BC, we go to Duke and just take the game off. It's always hot in Cameron. Our guys could wear swimsuits, sit on plastic recliners, and sip pina coladas with little umbrellas in them. That would make Duke SO MAD!

Muse, don't fail me now! We could go all Mahatma Gandhi on Duke's heinies. We could just lay down on the floor and not play. They would have to leap over our prone bodies, and first they would probably be dunking and show boating and then they would be all, "Get up and play, " and we'd be all "No, thank you" and man, would they be mad.

Ooo----a creative writing thread! I like it. :cool: More scenarios please. (I especially like the Gandhi strategy!)

This doesn't make a lick of sense. Why tank the BC game? If you are going to tank, tank the Duke game. If we tank the BC game, we could be staring down the barrel of a 3 game losing streak. I say we play straight up against BC (also, remember if we lose that game, JB will never want to wear the throwbacks again), play all freshmen and walk-ons at Duke, then play UVA straight up.

This thread is hilarious . . . . .wait until someone is all upset posting about how seriously concerned they are and we shouldn't be having any fun or warm fuzzy feeling at all because we are like just barely 25-0

Actually I've been checking the long range weather forecasts and they are predicting a Lake Effect event to hit just about the time our plane is due to go wheels up toward Cameron. Of course, it would have to be an epic event because, since we have the equipment and know how to handle snow measured in feet, I'm seeing at least a six foot dump of fluffy white. That should delay the plane just long enough for The Indomitable Snowman to lead the team into Cameron dressed in parkas. Of course, they will be no time to change so we take the court dressed for a CNY winter and freeze the place over...it could happen.

I have a story about pledging about that. But I can't get into it.

Anyway... thats the best idea I've heard. That would piss the entire ACC off.

I think JB and K should declare this a celebration of the kids who don't get the accolades and just play the inexperienced guys and the walk-ons. Let the other guys take the game off and eat hot dogs in the student section. I could see Baye enjoying the hell out of that.

Spurs did this sometime this season. They ended up getting fined. only proved one thing to me. They own the NBA.

We should do it.

We own the ACC

This up for best post the year... Not thee best mind you but top 5 for sure.. I read the first paragraph and was about to give it a Oh Lord but thankfully kept reading and give it :rolling:

How about we just crush BC, and then go into cameron and beat the s*** outta duke.!
Local sportscasters in the Greensboro area and Jay Williams/ESPN are now talking about how much Duke will be "drained" after the UNC game on Thursday only to have to turn around and play SU two nights later. The excuses have already started. Now I really want to spank Duke...and hear all the bit*#*&g after the game by the dookies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom