I have a real problem with Louisville... | Syracusefan.com

I have a real problem with Louisville...

Zepharus

Starter
Caught paying players and they are good immediately. Life isn't fair... that and that mcmahon kid needs a few less teeth. They also flop on tons of plays and get away with it. Sickening..

Their time is coming (I think? UNC’s time was coming...but it didn’t). I don’t trust the NCAA to hammer them accordingly.

I guess it’s up to us. Let’s do it on the court. Mack. Can’t wait!

A lot of schools look at us with the same opinion. Let’s be honest, we recused ourself from a tournament t we weren’t going to make anyway.

Fair enough, but I think those opinions would be short-sighted and willfully ignorant. What Louisville did is worse than what we did. May the hammer fall hard.

A lot of schools look at us with the same opinion. Let’s be honest, we recused ourself from a tournament t we weren’t going to make anyway.

And then got the harshest penalties ever handed down to a basketball program (short of death penalty). We also lost a chance at a National Championship by proactively sitting out a player who may have been ruled ineligible later, only to have the entire season vacated anyway - even the games he sat out.

And then got the harshest penalties ever handed down to a basketball program (short of death penalty). We also lost a chance at a National Championship by proactively sitting out a player who may have been ruled ineligible later, only to have the entire season vacated anyway - even the games he sat out.
?? Not sure your point. Are you suggesting we willingly sat Fab Melo?

Yeah, I’m not saying the penalties were fair, but we effectively minimized their effects in a way that we’d crucify other programs for.
We got hammered. Any fan of another team that thinks we got off light is dumb. So far, the Ville has got off light. I have to think there will be more.

I thought we did but even if we didn’t they still vacated the whole season didn’t they?

jhc some of you are dense

they haven't gotten away with anything. their activities in the adidas scandal have not been taken up by the ncaa yet.

ffs its only been pointed out 100x

jhc some of you are dense

they haven't gotten away with anything. their activities in the adidas scandal have not been taken up by the ncaa yet.

ffs its only been pointed out 100x

I don’t think they got away with anything necessarily it is just hard to imagine how Arizona and Louisville are still raking in Top 10 recruiting classes with such a hammer hovering over them.

I don’t think they got away with anything necessarily it is just hard to imagine how Arizona and Louisville are still raking in Top 10 recruiting classes with such a hammer hovering over them.
we reeled in malachi, lydon and diagne - with a similar investigation over our heads

Are they on campus yet?

We saw what happened with Quinnerly and Sousa this year.

So far, the Ville has got off light.
Really? They got their NC taken away. How often does that happen? How would we feel if Cuse's 2003 NC was forcefully vacated?

More may come down against UofL, I don't hear much around here, but all the bad eggs involved are gone. Chris Mack and AD Vince Tyra bring a refresher change (as does their new football coach and staff).

Lol, I remember some of us gloating with “JB” riding around in the drop-top and such.

How provincial we can be and how conveniently short some of our memories are.

Lol, I remember some of us gloating with “JB” riding around in the drop-top and such.

How provincial we can be and how conveniently short some of our memories are.
You remember when we got hookers and strippers for players and recruits? Remember when shoe companies paid big bucks for us to get 5 star recruits. My memory is long. We were slammed twice. The Ville has got off light.

Really? They got their NC taken away. How often does that happen? How would we feel if Cuse's 2003 NC was forcefully vacated?

More may come down against UofL, I don't hear much around here, but all the bad eggs involved are gone. Chris Mack and AD Vince Tyra bring a refresher change (as does their new football coach and staff).
That is right. They have got off light. They ran a dirty program and that helped them win a national title. Hookers for recruits. I think that is a benefit that is not allowed under the rules. just like cash from a shoe company.

That is right. They have got off light. They ran a dirty program and that helped them win a national title. Hookers for recruits. I think that is a benefit that is not allowed under the rules. just like cash from a shoe company.
I'm not defending them. What apparently happened is bad for sure. It did not directly correlate to winning in 2013, say what you want. And now they cleaned house quickly, more so than a few other choice programs with recent or current scandals. Will they still have to pay more for past transgressions? IDK, but the past is what it is. UofL is trying to start over with fresh blood that carries much higher integrity. I commend them for that.

I'm not defending them. What apparently happened is bad for sure. It did not directly correlate to winning in 2013, say what you want. And now they cleaned house quickly, more so than a few other choice programs with recent or current scandals. Will they still have to pay more for past transgressions? IDK, but the past is what it is. UofL is trying to start over with fresh blood that carries much higher integrity. I commend them for that.
fair enough. But I want more punishment. And not just for them.

We did his freshman year ;) The boeheiming was strong with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom