I have spent some time reading up on one | Syracusefan.com

I have spent some time reading up on one

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Mike leach and the fact that nobody has had the balls to hire that man is beyond me.. If you hate meathead coaching and want a guy that can make an immediate impact then you hire him. He is definitely holding out for a Bcs hire but whoever has the balls to do so will be glad that they did, man is forward thinking and gets it done.. I am serious when I say, I wish Marrone would step down tomorrow if we could get this guy. I underdstand that it will never happen but the dude is visionary.. Looking at his background, he would go just about anywhere for a good job, only a matter of time. Anyone who says they would rather have Marrone than mike leach lying

I know I know, he made a spoiledd brat pedal on an exercise bike in an equipment storage shed..Bfd.

Noone will touch him because he's the Bob Knight of college football without the NC to back up the arrogant attitude. If we hired him he'd be gone before we knew it because he'd get in trouble or he'd pull a Kiffin on us.

Mike leach and the fact that nobody has had the balls to hire that man is beyond me.. If you hate meathead coaching and want a guy that can make an immediate impact then you hire him. He is definitely holding out for a Bcs hire but whoever has the balls to do so will be glad that they did, man is forward thinking and gets it done.. I am serious when I say, I wish Marrone would step down tomorrow if we could get this guy. I underdstand that it will never happen but the dude is visionary.. Looking at his background, he would go just about anywhere for a good job, only a matter of time. Anyone who says they would rather have Marrone than mike leach lying

I know I know, he made a spoiledd brat pedal on an exercise bike in an equipment storage shed..Bfd.

Love Mike Leach, and he got screwed by Craig James, who hired a company to spin the facts and make him look worse. Would love to see him as our offensive coordinator. The issue is at most, you'd have him for two years, as it would most likely be a springboard to get him into being a head coach again.

Noone will touch him because he's the Bob Knight of college football without the NC to back up the arrogant attitude. If we hired him he'd be gone before we knew it because he'd get in trouble or he'd pull a Kiffin on us.

Nobody will hire him because he isn't a meathead in the coaching fraternity, but whoever has the balls to do so will be a happy ad. The next bcs job that leach has and he will have one will be his last. He isn't going anywhere after that, he would walk into the dome and say...PERFECT.

People should read his book, makes a ton of sense and really breaks down a lot of the group think that comes from the NFL. It isn't just mill house and I beating the drum.. People would be surprised

Love Mike Leach, and he got screwed by Craig James, who hired a company to spin the facts and make him look worse. Would love to see him as our offensive coordinator. The issue is at most, you'd have him for two years, as it would most likely be a springboard to get him into being a head coach again.

If you have not read his book you should, great read. He is actually too smart to be a football coach, imo

The kid may have been spoiled, but how do you spin locking him into a shed? It was a move. Make the kid run sprints until he pukes or kick him off of the team, but doing what he did was inexcusable. You only had to watch interviews of him to see that he was a jerk that thought he was untouchable. He got what he deserved.

A shed? That "shed" was where all of the football team press conferences were hosted right off from the football field. That "shed" had multiple rooms in it. So he sat in a shed with no lights on, so terrible.

The kid may have been spoiled, but how do you spin locking him into a shed? It was a move. Make the kid run sprints until he pukes or kick him off of the team, but doing what he did was inexcusable. You only had to watch interviews of him to see that he was a jerk that thought he was untouchable. He got what he deserved.
You realize they put him there because he got a concussion, right? That's why the lights were off.

Everything about the story was pretty much fabricated by Craig James on ESPN because he had that kind of clout with the 4 letter network. James didn't like Leach, so when they do one thing to his kid they spun it how they seemed fit.

Read this article: http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-art...ig-james-look-like-an-even-bigger-douche.html

we aren't going to hire him so why spend the time. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't but one Nancy cantor isn't ever going to hire Leach.

I would rather have Doug Marrone... and I am not lying.

we aren't going to hire him so why spend the time. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't but one Nancy cantor isn't ever going to hire Leach.
Read the posts, Dash. No one said we thought we had a chance to hire him.
I would rather have Doug Marrone... and I am not lying.
No one said we wanted him as the head coach over Marrone. Reading comprehension, people.

You realize they put him there because he got a concussion, right? That's why the lights were off.

Everything about the story was pretty much fabricated by Craig James on ESPN because he had that kind of clout with the 4 letter network. James didn't like Leach, so when they do one thing to his kid they spun it how they seemed fit.

Read this article: http://awfulannouncing.com/2011-art...ig-james-look-like-an-even-bigger-douche.html

I just read up on it more and I was wrong about it. What I'd still like to know, however, is why did Mike Leach do anything with him? If he had a concussion and couldn't practice at all, the training staff should have told him where to go and what to do without input from the coach. I did come across some other stuff just now, indicating a lot of players had issue with him. It seems he didn't deserve to be fired over the Adam James incident, but why does a university rush to get rid of a genius coach that has lead them to success that they've never had? Leach has brought facts to light that the media either ignored or reported wrong, but as a lawyer is it possible that he has also withheld facts that don't support him? He's not as dirty as I was thinking, but I don't think he's as clean as he'd indicating either.

I think people really misread leach after that incident. It was spun way out of control and I think people fail to realize how many former players came to Leach's defense as well. The guy got railroaded at the fact that he isn't coaching today is assinine.. Somebody will hire him and be damn glad they did.

Believe me I understand that Marrone isn't going anywhere and I like Doug over a loty of other coaches but if given the option between marrone and Leach, I would take Leach in a mother ing heartbeat.. Leach's track record speaks for itself. Again, knowing that this isn't a realistic option. I am just saying that the guy has been railroaded here.

I bet Maryland fans are a bit pissed off. Really surprised that they didn't hire hin. Under Armour dude is a good friend of Leach's as well, would have been a great fit

Missed that, but still, I'd rather have Leach as an OC than over Doug as HC. That's what I'm saying.

Missed that, but still, I'd rather have Leach as an OC than over Doug as HC. That's what I'm saying.

Missed this too..

"I wish Marrone would step down tomorrow if we could get this guy."

I agree Leach as an OC wouldn't be a bad move. I'll take Marrone as head coach any day.

I'd love Leach as an OC, and I would love him as a HC. I personally would prefer him as a HC over Marrone. I like Marrone, but Leach is one of the best minds in College Football. That said, I don't want Marrone fired FOR Leach. If Marrone succeeds, keep him. However, if god forbid Marrone did get fired, or we finally get rid of Hackett, and Leach is available, you ing bring him in in a heartbeat. That said, Marrone is exactly the type of guy that would not like and would not work well with Leach, which is a ing shame. If Marrone can put aside some of his cronyism he picked up in the NFL, Leach would be a fantastic ing Offensive Coordinator, the best in College Football.

in two years,you can learn a lot from that guy.

maybe thats what hackett/marrone needs to do,take a step back and learn.
That would be awesome, but again I'm not sure if Marrone works that way. If what some people posit is true and Hackett was just a hire to have a lackey to run his offense (Marrone's) then I don't think Marrone is going to go out and hire a Leach, which is depressing.

does anyone listen to leach on the xm radio? i dont know how you could and still want him as a coach..