I haven't been this happy about a win... | Syracusefan.com

I haven't been this happy about a win...

I dunno...
I was pretty damn happy last week.

Scooch, you've been consistently pretty critical of Marrone's on-field performance. Not calling you out--I'm curious to hear your opinion after the last 4 games.

I'm pretty freaking impressed. Doesn't wipe away the warts of the previous three years, but Marrone has had a pretty damn good year--even with the terrible start.

Marrone is learning how to manage a game. He...much like the team...is making fewer and fewer mental mistakes.

Its been equally interesting to watch Marrone grow as a coach as it has been to watch the players grow.

Scooch, you've been consistently pretty critical of Marrone's on-field performance. Not calling you out--I'm curious to hear your opinion after the last 4 games.

I'm pretty freaking impressed. Doesn't wipe away the warts of the previous three years, but Marrone has had a pretty damn good year--even with the terrible start.

Yeah, I've had my doubts, I'll own that. I've been consistent in saying that I really like him, and want him to have great success and be here a long time though. I got no agenda, just want SU to be good. I've missed being good so damn much.

How can anyone be critical of winning 4 of the last 5? Marrone's done a great job. Great. Kept the team focused and found an identity. 2 bowls in 3 years, given where we were, is flat out excellent.

I'll still flip my lid when he punts against the odds, but I think after 47 games I think we got the right guy for the job. The folks who will claim to have known that from day 1 are welcome to jump all over me, if that makes them happy.

Yeah, I've had my doubts, I'll own that. I've been consistent in saying that I really like him, and want him to have great success and be here a long time though. I got no agenda, just want SU to be good. I've missed being good so damn much.

How can anyone be critical of winning 4 of the last 5? Marrone's done a great job. Great. Kept the team focused and found an identity. 2 bowls in 3 years, given where we were, is flat out excellent.

I'll still flip my lid when he punts against the odds, but I think after 47 games I think we got the right guy for the job. The folks who will claim to have known that from day 1 are welcome to jump all over me, if that makes them happy.
Superb effort tonite by players & coaches. We didn't lead until the very end, but my favorite game of the year. Great win.

I'll chime in because I've been critical too.

My criticism at times was taken as dislike for Marrone. Really though, I did want him to be successful. My concern was that he was trying to win NFL games against college competition and that was putting us behind the 8 ball. Our fans had been subjected to horrible football for so long that I thought "winning ugly" wasn't just a gamble but was also going to continue keeping folks home.

There has been a staggering amount of growth this season. We finally have an offense that should scare other teams. Do people realize we put up three TDs in the 4th tonight? There wasn't much tge previous three seasons that suggested that was possible. Add the offensive growth to the new energy on the sideline and I think Marrone has delivered a fun product, and is now exactly what the program needs.

I'm thrilled for the guy and look forward to what he does next.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My criticism at times was taken as dislike for Marrone. Really though, I did want him to be successful. My concern was that he was trying to win NFL games against college competition and that was putting us behind the 8 ball. Our fans had been subjected to horrible football for so long that I thought "winning ugly" wasn't just a gamble but was also going to continue keeping folks home.

There has been a staggering amount of growth this season. We finally have an offense that should scare other teams. Do people realize we put up three TDs in the 4th tonight? There wasn't much tge previous three seasons that suggested that was possible. Add the offensive growth to the new energy on the sideline and I think Marrone has delivered a fun product, and is now exactly what the program needs.

Great post OIG...kudos.

Nice post. Today's game was definitely fun.

What you just have to give Marrone and staff credit for more than anything else tonight is that you know they will keep fighting. Down 14-3, I honestly thought that things don't look good, but it's a long game, and I really knew we'd be back. The pessimism of recent years isn't there for me this season.

There are still things I don't understand (the 4th down timeout is something no human can convince me makes any sense), but this staff does know how to adjust and has instilled a toughness in this team that just keeps them fighting.

This was just such a huge win for us. So excited, and can't come down from it, so I'm still drinking. What else would I do. Can't wait to see us live at Philly on Friday.

Bees, rally the locals, and still go to Philly. It's not for a bowl, but it's still a short trip for a 7th win.

All he had to do is stop punting from inside the other teams forty. Them I'll be completely on board

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Great win.

Marrone has done a great job.

This has been a lot of fun.

And it will continue to be fun.

OE's articles tomorrow...I'm going to savor every word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom